Film, Fiction, Non-Fiction and Life in General

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Film, Fiction, Non-Fiction and Life in General

Post by Dee S on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:29 pm

I have to say that Wentworth is one of my favorite Aussie shows. There's another called Lucky Man and a third called Cleverman. REALLY well done although a bit campy.

The series "The Leftovers" was a bit "out there" but was pretty well done. I noticed one Aussie character from Lucky Man was on there as a cop. I guess the Aussie market for actors is pretty small. LOL

I do tend to agree that a lot of American shows are cookie cutter and follow a basic ladder only filled in with different locations, dialog and characters. There are some good exceptions. I like Showtime, HBO and Netflix shows the best.

It's a beautiful day outside. Hoping to get some outdoor time today although it seems Jacy already has other plans set than working on the trailer. He'll be going to jail on the 20th (registration violation). I think he's looking at 4 years for that. MI is realllllyyyy strict about it. He was told by a cop that as a homeless person he couldn't register,
so he didn't. He was told incorrectly and was too high at the time to recall the officers name, if it even happened.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:12 pm

I stared watching Deep Water yesterday, another Aussie show. Here is what was really weird: I could not figure out why the lead's accent sounded so familiar and kept thinking she reminded me of Lorna in Orange is the New Black. Turns out she is the same actress. Fairly amazing she could do a Boston accent.

In regards to the registration, if it is sex offender registration, he should go for a plea, as juries just are not forgiving. I believe in Florida there is a mandatory minimum, but not sure. If there is in Michigan, he is screwed, as it really cannot be waived unless state amends the information .

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:42 pm

He is screwed. Judge already sentenced him to 4 yrs for violation of registration for csc. We are being supportive because he has diminished capacity and makes very poor choices, but obviously. He's hasn't had security for home life since he was 18. He's in his 40s and acts like a teenager. I'm gonna miss him even though hell be here in town their visitation only via video monitoring. I'm hoping he gets released in a shorter time. IDK if that's possible. He needs guardianship, and we've discussed that for after he's released.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Trying to post via my phone makes my proof reading very poor. Waiting for Comcast to get back here to switch my modem.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Hmm that diminished capacity could be a reason for a departure from mandatory minimum but it generally has to be extreme diminished capacity. If he is eligible for gain time for good behavior then he could or if they do parole. Still, that is a long time.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 pm

It is a long time. The CSC designation is over used here. It covers everything from peeing in public to the worst forms of abuse. I hope he can get it reduced, but just like Dwaine, he had a PD. They don't give much effort to CSC cases. No matter what the situation. Jacy is a weed smoker and homeless. Not a good recommendation for leniency I guess. He's a good kid. Just has a hard head and makes bad choices. We'll be here for him but he's stuck in the red tape of the fubar'd MI court system.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:02 pm

I like Wentworth. I have to admit the hook for me was Franky Doyle, who I find very attractive because of personality and looks. Again, embarrassing but the romance between her and Erica, the short-lived warden, was a huge plus for me and is why I kept watching. After that, I got sucked in.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Lol, James. I catch Steven, my husband, watching it, whenever I have it on, so I think it appeals to both genders.

I think Franky is hot, too. I am glad she took a prominent role in season 5. Weirdly enough on that show Lorna from OITNB is on, the lead from Wentworth, Danielle McMorick, also appeared. A strange crossover.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:59 pm

You must be right, Dee that the Aussie pool of actors is small. Glad your internet is back on.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:25 pm

I spoke too soon. A truck hit a pole. We are AGAIN offline. I'm pissed and lost all patience.

I agree with your assessments of the actresses.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Aww, that sucks, Dee. We kept losing internet at our house, too, until we upgraded to Spectrum Business.

Did you get out at all today?

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 pm

I really hate technology right now. Now my phone (sprint) is acting up.

I wrote.... Yes ma'am I did get out. I threw a brain overload, blew my temper, slammed and yelled and then rode to Lowe's in my wc for the screws for my trailer.
They are the wrong ones.
Then come home and the net is still off.... So I called. A truck hit a pole which crashed our node.
Estimated restoration is 4:30-5am. UNACCEPTABLE! the woman on the phone was a little flummoxed when I said that. I did get a $24 credit for the weeks inconvenience.

But
Still
No
Internet
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:43 pm

I guess I scared everyone after telling them all to go fuck themselves.
Jacy went out for the night.
Ella is in bed
Chromie went for a nap.

Hehehehe I got the quiet I wanted. Now the web can come back. Please.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:38 pm

It is amazing how central the internet has gotten to our personal and business lives. I am leaving for Alaska a week from tomorrow and really trying to determine if I would be able to go offline for the week trip. My anxiety about work might get the better of me.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Btw, in regards to Franky, one of the things I realized a few years ago is that attraction for me is less about gender and more about the individual person. I like that shows are getting more comfortable with not sticking gender and sexuality into a box (at least the non American cooks cutter ones).

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 pm

I have always only been attracted to women, but I have also gotten slag all my life from fellow (likely insecure) males for being too sensitive and intellectual, especially being Texan and military.

I think more and more people, however, are able to speak more freely and admit they can have attraction for both sexes, which to me makes total sense Biology does not confirm to a strict dichotomy and never has. People would naturally evolve with a range of feelings.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:24 pm

I am the same way with attraction.
Life has no windows for me without the internet. It's one of my safe places. I'm frantic, alone and isolated without it.
Where in Alaska? My sissy from another Missy lives there. So does a cousin.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:06 pm

We are flying into Fairbanks and then taking a few different excursions along Steese Highway, Denali and some other places hopefully. I'd like to get east but that will have to wait since we only have a week. This is actually our third trip down. My cousin on my mom's side lives in Fairbanks.

I'm a huge fan of the wilderness and spectacular wildness. I would even live there for a while if I could. When we were there during seas of winter and it was quite an experience.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:12 pm

That sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time. I know the first time I saw an elk in real life I was amazed. They're such majestic animals.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:01 pm

How's internet situation, Dee?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 pm

We have none. I have pic but can't figure out how to load on the phone version. We had it off and on but now it's off. Rebooting the modem doesn't help. And my sprint for our house is intermittent. I always use wifi at home.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:31 am

Hope the internet gets fixed soon Dee

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:07 pm

I called and they're sending out another tech immediately. It is strange how integral it is now, like Laura said. Sprint is also giving me time outs but that's just our location. Service has always been bad at home.

Hope you all had a better weekend and Monday.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:30 am

The net has been working well since the tech fixed it all on Monday.
I've received no less than 3 phone calls from Comcast making sure that all is working well and that I am finally happy with the results.

Now I need to get the whole Sprint thing fixed.

My trailer ALMOST got built today.  ::sigh::
It has walls!
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:30 am

damnit .. looks upside down to me Sad
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down