International News and Social Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

International News and Social Issues

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:56 am

So for the world stuff we can add it here.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: International News and Social Issues

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 am

I guess my interest in Europe stems from a fear that populism will take over Western democracies and make it easier for Russia and China to come to power.

I think Putin absolutely dreams of more power even though his people are afraid to dissent, and that tampering with the western democracies is a way of leading to more internal chaos.

At a certain point, Russia and China will become superpowers and we'll have no NATO and no United States.

I think the UK does not really know what they want which is the same issue in a lot of these Europe countries.  Populism is an easy pill to swallow but it cannot do much to offer real economic solutions in a world that is changing overnight.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:43 pm

I cannot make heads nor tails of what is going on with the healthcare bill.

Is this going to be the way the next 3.5 years go?

Anyone have thoughts on what will happen in Syria?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Not trying to ignore this topic, but I have to admit I don't stay abreast of international news as much as I should and I'm not following most of these issues

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Admin wrote:I cannot make heads nor tails of what is going on with the healthcare bill.

Is this going to be the way the next 3.5 years go?

Anyone have thoughts on what will happen in Syria?

McConnell supposedly pulled the healthcare bill until after the July 4th break. It could be a ploy to get us to stop looking so closely (I wouldn't put it past the Republicans), but hopefully they are finally hearing us - that bill WILL kill people. I saw a video where one dipwad said "Nobody dies because they don't have healthcare"
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-congressman-nobody-dies-because-they-dont-have-access-to-health-care/. I wanted to crawl through the screen and strangle him. What IDIOCY! OF COURSE people die without proper medical care. That's why most of us believe it's a HUMAN RIGHT, not a perk.

I've been watching a lot of the actions against "daesh" over the past two weeks. Since it was Ramadan, they were showing how UNMuslim they were by continuing their murdering rampage. Ramadan is MANDATED to be a month of peace. The only wars to be fought are those brought to you where you have to defend yourself. Even then, elderly, women, children, animals and even the trees are not to be disturbed nor harmed. The only ones to be harmed are those raising their hand against you and IF they cry "mercy" or "Peace" it is to happen immediately. That isn't what "daesh" does.

ANYWAY what I have been watching is the way the Iraqi Military has been pushing them out of Mosul. I have chosen family where the husband was born/raised in Mosul. He had to run when Saddam was toppled due to being Shia. He spent years in a desert refugee camp that was nothing more than a horrid prison they were sent to live in with minimal food and water. He was finally able to come to the USA where he met my friend Brandi. They now have 6 children and live in GA. A lot of his family are still in Iraq and many of them had to evacuate Mosul. Besides the Yasidi Christians, Mosul was a large community of Shia who lived peacefully together with their Sunni, Christian and Jewish neighbors. The Iraqi, if not most Arabs, are very welcoming and cordial. All of this supposed infighting is nothing more than media flames to a non-existent "disagreement".

I think Daesh will be driven from Iraq and Syria when there can be a constant and immovable force against them. That's how it was done in Mosul. The Military kept taking neighborhoods, holding them, then moving on. These disgusting "things" are not even human to me. After hearing a lot of their rhetoric, I doubt any can be saved. It's a very deep and dark place where their minds reside.

Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 am

I heard that they delayed deporting the Detroit Iraqis, Dee. We'll see how that goes. Not well I imagine. Now the travel ban is in effect. All this will do is give ISIS/Daesh fodder.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:19 pm

According to the Iraqi news, they have demolished daesh's hold and retaken most of Mosul, including the "center" where they destroyed the mosque and had originally announced their caliphate from. Supposedly they're driving out the assholes, detaining or killing them if they're fighting.

Personally I look at all members of daesh as rabid dogs that need to be put down. The pain and suffering they've caused is unforgivable. I leave it to God to determine their penalty for eternity but for here on earth .. just send them off to their eternal reward. There's little chance they can be reprogrammed from that horrible thinking.

I do hope the judge reverses the deportation orders on the ones who have truly changed their lives and have lived decades as law abiding residents allowing them to obtain their citizenship or renew it. Remember, many of the ones they'd rounded up WERE already naturalized citizens. That's terrifying.

Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:24 pm

So I saw the news on North Korea. It is not an insignificant stride. Terrifying even.

Where will it end?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:36 pm

It is very concerning. They've launched more than ever before this last year from what I understand.

Neither Russia nor China are our allies, and Trump's juvenile position on everything does not accomplish anything.

Robust economic sanctions likely would be the only solution, but as of now, China will never cooperate.

Maybe in the end, the world will be engulfed in a nuclear holocaust. It sounds extreme, but it is possible.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top