General Discussion and Updates

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Also, Laura posted way back in the beginning of this thread a pretty detailed discussion of the foundation of law. Have you ha a chance to read that? Does it jar with your theory? How is it different or similar?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:05 pm

James, it is a legal fact under our Constitution that Healthcare is a positive right and not an inalienable right. This is legal fact and not opinion.

This is a standing fact under our legal system! Any attorney will tell you it is a positive right if they agree with it or not!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:07 pm

I am not sure how else to express this.

Our legal system dictates health care and education for example, are not inalienable rights!

Our Constitution provided for inalienable rights in its document but it also provided to create positive and negative rights through the legislature.

The US Constitution takes it precedent from Natural Rights Law.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:08 pm

and the thing is, what Laura perceives me dictating or having an absolute point of view or opinion...are NOT opinions. They are legal facts!
I am trying to explain how our legal system actually works! I did not create this system.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Go to any Judge and he will tell you what I am trying to explain here.

However, people may have opinions about our current legal system and disagree with Healthcare being a positive right under our legal system for their own reasons. These people are not DISagreeing it is INDEED a positive right under our legal system but they are disagreeing with the theory itself!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Bingo. You are coming up against disagreement with the theory itself.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm

No, I am not coming up with disagreement with the theory itself. I am not voicing my opinion here.

I am explaining to you WHAT and HOW our legal system works which is fact and NOT opinion because our legal system is based on the US Constitution which was derived from Natural Rights Law.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:25 pm

I am explaining how our legal system has rights divided in all types of rights that are tiered and that there is a check and balance system where these rights come from.

For example, under our Constitution

Your inalienable rights come from YOU and exist BEFORE govt

Your healthcare rights and educational rights come from the Legislature and thus Society and Govt!

NONE of this is my opinion! ALL of this is legal fact!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 pm

I am lost here how you don't understand what I am saying.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:37 pm

I don't think anyone is arguing the basic structure and content of the constitution as well as the social contract theory underlining it. So what are we arguing about?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Where am I? Away from the shitstorm. I don't like debate because it gets nasty. EVERY TIME. I like discussion, not debate. I don't like aggression. Discussion is the exchange of ideas, equally. Debate is each side attempting to PROVE their beliefs and WIN an argument. No thanks. I've lost friends due to debates where ad hominem attacks were the goto, nastiness ensued and long term friendships were ended. All over what was supposed to be a friendly "discussion" turned debate.

I did very well in Government courses in both High School, College and in life. But college was 30 years ago. I left school. Left being lectured too. What I've read here makes very little sense. I won't waste my time and limited cognition on arguing ideas or attempting rebuttals to something that, on it's facia, makes no sense.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:58 pm

How was everyone's day? Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend? It was my fault for getting into the silliness of burning the constitution. I have been bored to tears. This was not how I expected the holiday weekend to go with a hurricane.

Maria and Laura, you are both very smart, and I always enjoy what you have to share. I think exploring ideas as different points of view is key. Especially now, when we are becoming more and more divided. But really, also, in this day and age, can any of us on here afford to be enemies? The answer is, no. Laura, I know you are under a lot of stress and that can also make debate harder since stress can channel into many different directions.

Maria, how do you predict the Trump administration ending? I completely agree that we have moved farther and farther away from respecting due process. The court system has been the only check to Trump. Did anyone read that article about the use win arrested in Utah?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:21 pm

I also meant to ask, Maria, what stage is your federal law suit at? That sounds very intense. Do you have to go to court?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Nothing special here. I'm not really one who observes holidays much. I find little "special" about them and am not a social person, so BBQs and all that hold little appeal. We were going to travel up to Ludington today but something happened to the muffler on the car and I won't ride that far until it's fixed.

I'm also into another pain flare. Our weather can't decide if it's Summer or Fall and those of us with severe arthritis are at it's mercy. I've been sitting too much, not resting, and developed a pressure blister.

I guess I'm setting up a visit to the Dr next week. I keep meaning to call my insurance company to find a real MD rather than this clinic crap. She's a shitty Dr with a crappy attitude and the PAC she has me see is personable but I don't feel has the skills for multiple chronic illnesses in a morbidly obese patient. I probed him about going further than PAC and he outright said that's not for him.

The cyst he excised on my head still hasn't healed from January showing very poor judgement from him on not stitching it and for me for not seeking care before now. I'm pissed that he was given the task to do such a procedure and there was no follow up from the office afterward. I should have just left the damned thing alone. It's a clinic. I expect too much.

I can't even dye my hair due to the open wound so I look much older than my years. And I hate it. I am not aging gracefully.

I'm sorry you're so isolated and bored James. I remember in the 70s we had Agnes and Heloise which were horrible. Agnes had us off of school for 10 days. I was 10. Trapped in a house for 10 days with my brother and parents. So much fun! No electricity for a week. Couldn't go outside because everything was flooded.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Anyone want to predict what outcome of Irma will be?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm praying it just bounces back into the Atlantic, but with the NOAA predictions (there are many) it looks like the East Coast is going to feel a world of hurt. Again. Storms seem to be getting stronger and more damaging. I'll stay up here where we have tornadoes and occasional seasonal flooding. I never want to be in another hurricane again. Just too many of them in my early life.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:32 pm

When I look at the spaghetti models, it is a blur of possible outcomes. My gusss is either Carolinas or out to sea. Laura and I should hopefully thus avoid it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:36 am

I hope it goes back out to sea. There is no doubt climate change is contributing to the extreme weather.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:06 pm

We're still doing massive clean up in my immediate community. I get out as much as I can to nearby places. My work may start back Tuesday so waiting to hear.

How was everyone's weekend? Any plans for tomorrow?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:02 pm

We have had a really low key weekend. We cancelled plans to go out of town after I had to hire a $400 attorney to deal with my current black hole. Plus, we're headed to Iceland and then Detroit (where we are hoping to meet up with Dee) in a few weeks.

Zoe went to Leap! this afternoon and she was memsmerized all the way through, kept trying to do the 'five positions.'

This stuff with North Korea is terrifying. Stuff of nightmares.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Is Leap any good? Andrea wanted to see that. Also what causes the hidden status on when showing online users? Is it related to having admin privileges?

China has got to step in on North Korea, and I think it has become an issue that must be dealt with.

Detroit and Iceland? Cool.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:44 pm

It was not particularly good, but the available children's movies right now are limited, and it was better than having to see Nutjob2.

Zoe is stuck on Trolls, Secret Life of Pets, and Frozen. She watches them over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

In regards to Hidden, it can be commercial spammers or it is admin, who are traditionally shown as hidden in order to catch trolls and spammers more quickly, especially if a blocked user keeps creating new accounts. The logic of it is not applicable to our group obviously.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:19 pm

After a very fun night pokehunting with my friends last night we arrived home and I had a strange feeling. When I got up I realized it was because Kyra wasn't here - again. I guess she needed a romp with her garage buddies again and kept me sad and crying here until just a short time ago when Dwaine found her outside up on the window ac unit. NOT SURE how she got up that high .. but she ran and hid. Then she did an end run around him and came inside but he didn't see her. Anyway, she's inside, bathed in dawn this time, I think the flea bath harmed her, so it was dawn this time. It cut the grease off of her quickly.

Needless to say, I've been a depressed basket case all day. I can't imagine what everyone in TX is going through, or the other areas with such tragedies. Here I am weeping over one cat. Anyway, a soaked Kyra and me.

Laura with mine it was Home Alone, Lion King (OMG my son still knows eveyr word in every song with intonation and backup singers!), Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Strawberry Shortcake, All Dogs Go To Heaven (no, I will NOT watch it!), and GOONIES!! My "Frozen" was between Lion King and Aladdin. Both of my kids can still recite the scripts from beginning to end. Enjoy it while it lasts.
They grow up way too fast. My son just turned 32.

Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:16 am

They do grow up fast, and sometimes not fast enough jk. The shocker for me has been how much their physical appearance and personalities have changed over the course of their lifetime. Each year can seem like its own lifetime.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:25 am

I have a question, what does everyone perceive as their basic world view--such as morality, ethics, purpose, motivations for getting through life?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top