General Discussion and Updates

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:42 pm

OMG, Jae, those are some serious cute kids. I mean really cute. I was looking around for photos to post and don't have much anything in terms of a family photos that is too terribly recent, but that one is from fall 2015 I believe.

Dee, nice photo. You look more relaxed than you did back in the day if that makes any sense. I am glad that your son is showing some appreciation. He ought to. You brought him into this world!

I do think that Trump supporters were attracted to Trump because of racism, however. I think we believe we are way more progressive than we actually are when it comes down to it at the end of the day.

What I mean is that American society is structured fundamentally on racial divides as a key building block, and the traditional Republican double-speak for racist ideology simply got called by what it was when Trump came along, and people felt liberated and okay being open about their racism.

To support my position, Maria mentioned the Clintons if I recall, and that Bill Clinton had a racist platform back in the 90s. Case in point. "Super predators." Trump just changed the language on it, and suddenly people felt like they could own their racist tendencies overtly.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:57 am

Being in touch with Dee as well through the years and seeing the entrance of Chromie, I can definitively say that she has relaxed a great deal since he came along, and I'm glad you guys are so happy together.

Wow James your kids are adorable, especially your daughter, she has such huge brown eyes. Your son looks more like you, your daughter looks like she takes after her mom. A great looking family!

Well whatever reasons Trump came to power, bottom line is his campaign was able to respond to the climate of the nation, as most candidates are. I often wonder how much the candidates and presidents actually believe in their platforms if at all, and how much they flip flop to garner popularity. Like you said, Clinton had a racist platform and Hillary went on the record as being against gay marriage; now they jump on the bandwagon to battle these exact issues because the social climate changed and they changed with it. Even Obama avoided the gay marriage issue for quite some time, until he no longer needed to worry about being re-elected, then he flipped again. But if you call them out for their hypocrisy, they can't own it.

Just curious on the opinions of the Kathy Griffin debacle? I am grappling with it myself, partly because it's Trump, partly because I take Kathy Griffin with a grain of salt, partly because I'm rarely easily offended. On the other hand, it crosses a line of human decency and still attacks the president in a brutal way, no matter who the president is.

Dee, Maria used to be in CA, not sure if she's moved since then.

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks, Jae! I don't think politicians really believe their platforms. I think they're driven by a complex series of identity problems of their own, and only people with such issues would run for office. I'll admit a dose of idealism comes in for some of them, but that is quickly driven out by reality of political life.

I think House of Cards gets it right. As for Griffin, it was inappropriate, especially given the brutal public executions ISIS has posted publicly. But Trump bragged about sexual assault AND WE ELECTED HIM PRESIDENT, so hypocrisy of attacking Griffin is clear.

Maria is Santa Barbara I believe, and Laura is Orlando. However, I think they both were captured by the covfefe secrete agents and massacred in Bowling Green. 

How's everyone's week been?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:02 am

Wow James, that was in poorer taste than Griffin, Bowling Green was a tragedy and a devastating loss to Americans everywhere; it is no joking matter! Have you no decency?! Where is your sense of humanity?? Though I must admit I am not sure Maria will ever join us...Have you attempted to reach out to anyone else? Any responses?

My week has been difficult, I am currently enjoying some wine and a traumatic baseball game (damn Angels), and hoping for recuperation this weekend before Monday rolls around...I think I am ready for retirement? Can I win the lotto?

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:10 am

Hi Everyone. Sorry. It's been a crazy week. Had a nasty trial that drug on and on. 

I survived the Bowling Green Massacre. The covfefe terrorists were everywhere, but I hid in a ditch. If only the travel ban had been in effect, so many of the fallen would still be here.

There's a lot to read, and I need to review everything and get caught up, which probably won't happen tonight. Nice pictures, everyone. Jae, your little nieces would melt anyone's heart.

For now, I'll leave a video of Zoe reading last night since I have a biological drive to share pictures and photos of my offpsring.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:20 am

Wow what a cutie pie! "Dog Party!" I love that book hahaha! glad to hear you survived and escaped Laura, and clearly made it home in time for a live reading of the genius Dr. Seuss!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my monkeys, June is perfect, Eleanor is going through the terrifying threes, which is really just juvenile bipolar disorder...she screamed at me the other day just for looking at her..."NO TIA!" 'what?' "NO! STOP!" 'I didn't do anything...' "TIA! NO!" and five minutes later she wanted to play, but only because I had trail mix to share with her and she loves nuts and M&Ms...I'm not sure why they call them the terrible twos, the threes are traumatic.

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:53 am

Glad you made it back, Laura. Wow, Zoe is really smart. That was impressive. However, you lied to her about taking her picture, lol.

Little kids are mini drunk adults. I swear to God. Sometimes I miss those days, and sometimes I am perfectly happy to be able to do things like sleep again. 

I love seeing recent photos of everyone after this long. It is really still hard to believe how much time has passed. Laura, I'd love to see some recent photos of your gang. What was your trial like, Laura? Another criminal?

It was a long week last week for me, too, even if only because I get so backed up when we have the three days weekends. But is is not nearly as bad as actual tax season, which is pretty much time of year where I have to work seventy hours a week. Glorious life of an accountant.  

What's your typical schedule in a week, Jae? I'd be right there with you on the red wine, but it gives me headaches anymore. Used to be able to down a bottle back in the day.

On more serious topics, 1) what does everyone think about Kushner? Is he hindering or helping when it comes to fueling Trump's fire? What is really going on with the Russians? I read the below article this morning for better or for worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/opinion/the-problem-with-jared-kushner.html?_r=0

2) Ivanka Trump--How hypocritical is she? She's claimed to be more liberal before. But did anyone hear about her book Women who Work? I skimmed it at a bookstore a while back and found it to be the most incredible drivel. Really offensive to women generally.

3) Melanie Trump (okay this one is not really serious). Does this woman (and probably former illegal immigrant) even understand what is going on 90 percent of the time? 

4) Do any of the American people who elected Trump even see the glaring inconsistencies in his administration and willfully ignore it or are they just so convinced the media is a leftist conspiracy of fake news that they truly believe it is false?

5) Is the Paris Climate Agreement disaster an example of what happens when society is not guided by rationale thought and priority on science and reason?

Anyway, just five random things floating around in my brain this morning.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:42 am

By the way, Jae, I have not heard from anyone else. I tried leaving a message on Abdul's YT Wall, but it looks like last time he was on there was a year ago.

As you should have seen in the email thread, another member, Gordon/Sailor, passed away in 2016 since Laura knew his last name and had remained in contact with him until 2015. Without any contact other than emails they may or may not be receiving, we have no way of every knowing what happened to Abdul or Reem.

I'd think Harvey would want to join. Did you ever hear from him.

Honestly, I am shocked we have a quorum back together, as I was assuming I'd never hear from anyone (other than Laura) when I sent an email a month ago. We could try adding new people, and anyone who knows someone is welcome to make suggestions. The obvious problem with that is the unusual nature of an online group that has this much history. No one would probably be comfortable with the run-of-the-mill online poster on this page.

Also, since it has come up before, as far as the "online friendships" thing go. I think any argument that they are per se inferior has pretty much been blown out of the water with the rapid advancement of technology in the last ten years. How we communicate has fundamentally changed, and I find it myopic to think we should be bound to friendships and relationships because we are arbitrarily grounded with them in a certain geographic region (that is almost depressing to me that people think that they should base depth of their relationships on fact that they happen to inhabit same mass of land). I probably have more in common with you folks than I do the guy at my work or down the street etc.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Laura she is adorable. Please share away. As Jae will tell you I sometimes just heart and drool over baby photos. Zoe is adorable and so very smart!

I have one granddaughter who will be 11 on Father's Day. Sadly her father (my son) gave up all parental rights. I rarely get to see her. IDK if I'm invited to the family party this year. I wasn't last year. Bianca finally figured out that "uncle James" was actually her biological father and that's how Auntie April and Gamma Dee are related to her. He still shows little interest. She looks so much like James it's eerie.

James' fiance just had a tubal ligation. Neither of them have ever wanted kids nor want the responsibility (hence the severing of parental rights). Sadly, with our medical system, she had to not only fight for it but change health systems. Mercy will not do them. Period. No questions. Unless the woman has had children AND they have her spouses permission. They've been sued for failing to do D&C on women who were miscarrying, one woman lost her uterus due to it, the other had a hellacious time where she almost lost her life. A simple procedure but the Catholic "health" system refuses to do them. In this day and age that enrages me. It's as if women are children and don't know their own minds, desires, etc.

April and Shane haven't yet started the offspring thing but they're working on it. Both have stable jobs, next is a house then babies. I'm so glad they're going in the most stable order, not like I did. I think that lack of stability growing up is what's fueling her sticking tightly to this plan. And if her biological clock has ticked off, they've said they'll adopt or foster.

Other than the giving up rights to Bianca, I'm very proud of my kids. They work hard and have made something of themselves. They're good people.

Politics ... ugh ... I've only held this much hatred for my rapists. Seriously I can't stand the man. Every time I see him or hear his name I want to be violently ill. I have nightmares about what he's going to do to our country and the world. NOTHING good comes from him. This past week just reinforces my disgust with his "thought processes". He has none! He's always run his businesses from his gut and rolls with what shakes out. He has no clue that you can't run a company like that! He seriously has no clue. And that should terrify all of us.

As for Kathy Griffin - blech. I agree that, with what daesh does, that was way out of line. She's a "shock" comedian though, so it's her shtick. For some reason my brain confused her with Kathy Gifford and I was overly horrified. LOL And I was wondering what she'd (Gifford) had done to her face to look so different. OK So aging can be amusing.

Our sudden parting before threw me. I thought we'd grown close and yes, there was drifting and I doubt we'll hear from Harvey, Abdul or Reema. I did have Reema on my Skype and we talked last year (she has also married and I believe said she has 2 children), but we haven't spoken since.

I'm gonna break this up and answer your questions in another post James. I have literally just woken up 30 mins ago to find my BF's nephew Jacy pulling up outside. I'm not quick to wake up. Never have been. We've had a busy few days and yesterday I just decided we'd all go blow off steam and enjoy the weather. My anxiety didn't allow me to get out of the car (long story for that) but at least I "wanted to" leave the house and go to the beach. Perhaps next time I'll actually grab the walker and get out or have the wheelchair on the yet-to-be-finished-trailer and can feel secure not falling or hurting myself. I became a horrible mess over the past year with my wc breaking down; the repair people miss-diagnosing the chair THREE TIMES - and leaving me without mobility for 9 months. My legs got worse and more unreliable because I kept hurting myself trying to use the walker and my depression fed my eating disorder so I gained a lot of weight. I'm working on eating better now but the damage isn't easily reversed. The company offered no recompense for their errors and won't even own up to it all being such an inconvenience as well as causing me physical harm. Personally, I believe it was a Medicare scam. Over the 9 months they replaced over $4500 worth of parts - a new chair is about that much.

OK cutting this off because if not you'll need a week to read.

I'll tackle the questions after some food/coffee.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:47 pm

James to answer your question, my schedule varies on a day to day basis. I have multiple meetings each week, as I have to meet with each of my staff individually as well as in a group, then I have various manager meetings as well. I have conference calls I have to participate in, occasional trainings to attend, and I still carry a small caseload of clients as well. On top of that I may have to deal with any unexpected crises or angry parents, hospitalizations, etc. Last week my client came to session and shared that she had overdosed on her meds right before she came into my office, so that was fun. Had to send her to the ER then a psych hospital.

I must admit I dropped the ball and forgot to message Harvey, I'll give it a try, but I am glad we reconnected, I often thought of the group whenever I saw something related to QR. Like I said earlier though, my memory is sketchy, I have trouble recalling last week let alone 5-6 years ago, so some of these names escape me; I'm sorry to hear about Gordon but again my memory is a bit hazy on him as well.

I'm sorry that you're disconnected from your granddaughter Dee, I know that can be very hard and that had always been our concern with Aidan because my brother was not interested for a very long time. We were extremely proactive in getting him here regularly and having time with him, and lucky that his mother allowed it, though we had moments where things went sour and she was using him against us. Would you be able to reach out to her mom and express your interest in being involved?

Joel's taken more of an interest when Aidan is here, but it's a very out of sight, out of mind situation once Aidan returns home. Aidan has made several comments about wanting to live here, but he once told me he wanted to live with me, not his dad, which I doubt either of his parents would consent to. I told him he was always welcome to live with me, but he would have to tell his parents that, they wouldn't listen if it came from me.

1. I have to admit I haven't gotten into the nitty gritty of all shit in the white house because it seems something horrible is happening with someone horrible every single day and I can't keep track of half the names that make headlines for lying, concealing information, colluding, etc. Bottom line is it seems everyone is fueling this fire but I don't doubt for a second that they have done what they've done with the full knowledge and encouragement of Trump himself.

2. I haven't figured Ivanka out yet. It seems at times she may be the only voice of reason in the white house, as it's been reported she often tries to convince her dad to adopt more middle of the road approaches (they said she tried to force him to apologize for the comments made on the grab 'em by the pussy tape, and she may have been the one to stop him from passing the religious freedom act). But on the other hand, she is horribly naive, self-serving, corrupt, and completely incapable of the job she's taken on (been pushed into?). Haven't read the book but have heard of her clothing line using sweat shops to manufacture her product. Her bullshit defense of her father at the women's conference in Europe made me want to slap the shit out of her. This administration has shown some of the ugliest sides of nepotism I've ever seen.

3. I don't think Melania cares and I don't think she even wants to be in this role, so she buries her head in the sand as much as possible. I wonder how much she stayed in NY for Barron versus staying for herself to get away from Trump and the FLOTUS responsibilities. What are your thoughts on the allegations of an unhappy marriage?

4. Some Trump supporters I've spoken to during the campaign truly believed it was leftist propaganda, believed the reports were lies, felt they were edited tapes and interviews, doctored to make Trump look bad, etc. Now it seems like willful ignorance of the situation at hand. But my step-grandfather's daughter and I got into it not too long ago, and she could never give a clear answer justifying her support for Trump beyond "he's gonna make America great again!" When I finally pressed her for specific examples of such, some of the things she cited was the fact that he was loosening restrictions on training teachers and loosening regulations on environmental protection. I can't wrap my head around why anyone on either side of the argument would support the decisions to destroy the planet and get even lower qualified teachers into our classrooms. Then again, like many Trump supporters, this woman is not too bright.

5. As for the Paris agreement, I'm not sure what the percentage is of Americans that still don't believe in climate change...was this a move motivated by popular belief or simply another aimless decision by Trump with no real benefits to either side? What is the perceived benefit of removing us from the agreement?

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Thanks everyone. I have to admit I find Zoe adorable, too, but I'm partial.

I still need to post substantive replies to all the content on here, and hope to do so after Zoe is in bed tonight since I have to work anyway, and will utilize the more engaging content of this thread as a distraction from the monotony.

James in regards to your request, we're not really great at the family photo thing, but I found a couple.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Jae I have expressed it to her mother but she won't bring her here because her ex-s father is my horrible neighbor. And Bianca doesn't "like" my house. All of the onus on making it happen is on me. That's always been her stance and I doubt will change, even with my health and mobility issues. It is, what it is.

James, What a wonderful photo of you and your family. Smile

Laura, share away!

1) Kushner? Don't trust him. Another family of "self interest".
Is he hindering or helping when it comes to fueling Trump's fire? IMO He's a behind the scenes person making a lot of this happen. His demeanor is completely "back channel".
What is really going on with the Russians? Lots that we're not supposed to know about. And the family tendrils are intertwined along with the middle east.

2) Ivanka Trump--How hypocritical is she? I've never liked her then again I feel a bit sorry for her. Like I said earlier, Trump brings up the rapist vibe to me so in a way I feel sorry for her BUT she was raised in full privilege. I've seen videos of her with her children. She looks to be a doting mother who loves her children. I really do not feel she's qualified for a place in the Oval nor do I think it's appropriate for her or her husband to be there because they're family to 45.

3) Melanie Trump (okay this one is not really serious). Does this woman (and probably former illegal immigrant) even understand what is going on 90 percent of the time? She's a very intelligent woman. Don't allow the fascade to fool you.

4) Do any of the American people who elected Trump even see the glaring inconsistencies in his administration and willfully ignore it or are they just so convinced the media is a leftist conspiracy of fake news that they truly believe it is false? I've talked to a few who voted for him. They really didn't think he'd "keep these promises" or they say he's just "doing what he said he'd do" .... His type of isolationism and bigotry, IMO, is from the 40s, not the 2000s or 2010s. They feel he's qualified and overlook the negatives. If I hear "give him a chance" one more time, I'll explode!

5) Is the Paris Climate Agreement disaster an example of what happens when society is not guided by rationale thought and priority on science and reason? Ignorance is everywhere. Sadly it's running our country right now and our children and grandchildren
will be paying the penalties.

ok time for an early bed time for me ... night all

Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:22 am

Awesome pics Laura, she is so cute, she looks like your mini-me! I especially like the one in the rollerskates Smile

Sorry to hear that Dee, I know that must be hard not to have contact with her, it's unfortunate that she doesn't see how important it is to you to be a part of your granddaughter's life.

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:19 am

Hi all:

I'm back as I promised I would be.

Thanks, Jae. I am sorry to hear the threes as as bad as the twos because Zoe definitely has the toddler bipolar thing going on. 

So in reviewing everything from the last week, I did want to clarify that last summer's armed kidnapping and sexual assault case was unusual because of the taped confession. As Jae said, it is hard to be shocked by much anymore, but we as the defense were expecting an automatic loss since we had failed to suppress the confession. It was in a rural county outside of Orlando, so no doubt, the jury was largely Trump sympathizers who felt a decorated vet, should not be facing charges against an illegal immigrant.

James, just to be an eternal ray of sunshine on here, my trial last week involved sexual assault against a victim, who was at the time the crime was committed eleven years old. However, it was a civil trial arising from the situation, and fortunately I represented the mom/victim, and we prevailed. The other side should have settled, but I have been cursed with a spat of cases that have not been settling, and this one had been dragging on over two years, so it needed to be resolved. If I had lost, I am fairly certain my client would have murdered me outside the courtroom, and I would not be here right now, lol.

To sum up the various Trump threads, I think Trump's nomination and election are nothing short of a damning indictment of our country and our values. I toy more and more with attributing it to late stage capitalism. Really hyper-capitalism. Our culture is so fixated on consumerism that we demand instant gratification in the political gambit and worship reality TV stars. All Trump is as far as I can see is a reality TV star, vile, incredibly narcissistic and delusional. 

For the swaths of people to have voted for Trump who did, there is no excuse, and a huge chunk should have known better. But it is also I think the progressives fault as well. We've ignored the rural communities and rural poverty far too long.  When people are living in double-wide trailers where their communities are addicted to meth, uneducated, and their kids swim in retention ponds, then someone like Trump is a demi-god that has instant appeal. I think racism, at least in the south, goes hand in hand with that.

If liberals and progressives are seen as East and West coast elites with nothing in common with them, and because little is done to bridge the condescension and alienation they feel from these communities, rightly or wrongly, it furthers the divide.

But then there is the religious right. And they have blood on their hands, far too much blood. They've been using very specific rhetoric to get the above-mentioned poor communities to vote against their own interests. Using religion and morality in this way is the same sort of principle that convinces people to strap suicide bombs on and rush into Manchester and London. When the rubber met the road, the religious right proved what they actually cared about--power. So they banded with Trump to stay in power.

I have wanted my whole life to get away from the conclusion that everything is about power and the notion that all human relationships ultimately center on power. But I keep coming back to that and after watching the elections in November, it seems all but proven. There is a scholar Agamben, who writes heavily on the theory of biopolitics. 

He draws a distinction between "bios" and " zoê" as it relates to a concept called "bare life" / state of exception. The basic idea perhaps simply put is that there is a type of life that is just basic biological life with no political significance. The minute one human being has the power to kill another, and those human beings form groups capable of subduing/killing an individual, then we have the realm of politics. Zoê is citizenship, a form of life we all envision as living as citizens within our country--in our case, our constitutional rights to due process etc. etc. 

When Zoê returns to its roots--the ability to exclude someone or a group--completely from application of the laws and exterminate them (Agamben utilizes Gitmo and the concentration camps as an example), we enter the state of exception or bare life, which is the genocide we are seeing in Syria, North Korea, Eritrea and other parts of the world. 

At the end of the day, all democratic governments carry within their core, the capacity to eliminate and kill life without any need for laws or due process because they have the power to do so through the forces that be. The military industrialization complex is a great example as well as the hyper-capitalist society where consumerism has been used for companies to garnish incredible amounts of power over us.

This links back to Trump because in Trump we see that no longer secret convergence between totalitarianism and democracy. Trump has consistently pushed, not even considering his actual policies, politics based on making that link between power and law/ citizenship obvious. And people voted for him not caring it was undermining our "Zoê" form of life.

He brags about sexually assaulting women because it is about power. Rape is, for example, fundamentally about power--reducing someone back to the state of exception--which is the foundation of politics, the capacity to be killed and violated by another. 

It makes total sense, Dee, that you feel physically sick when you see him in ways that are reminiscent of people who have committed violence against you, because it is the same thing. 

He and the Republican majority want to eradicate huge portions of our population through denial of health care as a fundamental right, destroying the environment that sustains life, herding up and deporting "illegals" as people who have no political rights/Zoê; our collusion with Russia and their platform, which is the poster child for the state of exception. And then fundamentally the profoundly racist nationalism that is in everything Trump and Bannon do.

Of course there are Republican politicians and voters who do not agree with this, but, again, because of that fundamental need for power, they sanction these policies. 

So the entire Trump clan is eroding the already unsteady dialect between democracy and totalitarianism. That's the take away my long post. It is disheartening and sickening, but I am no longer sure there's anything that can be done other than taking care of ourselves and getting the hell out of this country if it ever comes to it.  

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:05 am

Omg everyone. Ya'll went from like zero to 100 mph overnight. I love it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:18 pm

Love the pics, Laura. Really enjoy seeing photos of everyone.

So Dee said something that ties into what Laura said. You indicated Dee that this is from the 40s. Laura you tied it back as well to nationalism and totalitarianism. Is this the new society? Are we headed ,not to be dramatic, to a Hunger Games society? Is this blind following of Trump about power? What can be done if we have diagnosed the problem correctly?

Jae do you feel in your line of work that the government is providing appropriate resources or are they surrending people to a system without sufficient humanitarian rights?

At the West and East cost liberal states out of touch with the south and Midwest? What can be done about that?

I know we cannot answer all the questions, and I don't expect anyone to do that. I am just putting out what is on my mind.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Interesting article I ran across on FB. This machine SCRUBS C02 from the air, cleans the O2 and puts the carbon to it's purest form to allow it to be stored or sold. Is this our future? Will it grow enough to actually make a difference in climate change? Do any of you disagree with climate change being a real thing?

Add in the normal preface ...  fastcompany . com / 40421871/ this-machine-just-started-sucking-co2-out-of-the-air-to-save-us-from-climate-change  <remove spaces since the forum tells me "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Yes James, the attitude is one similar to the 40s (IMO), post war era, the top on top and everyone else is struggling. The poor are put down, shut down and any supports are removed. The immigrants are nothing but "dirty" and not made to feel welcome. It's a me me me me from the top and the rest of us are looking at it saying "that's not what we want". I do feel that it'll top out eventually, sadly with the climate we're in now, it will end in riots for various reasons, wrongs, and standings.

You hit on it with the "hunger games society". But I think our country has woke up enough that we won't let it get that far. I really hope we don't reach the mass violence stage. That serves no one.

Even 45's supporters are realizing he's not a very sharp tool for any shed and rethinking their support of him. Personally I've said that he has a brain injury, dementia, or Alzheimer's. For all we know he's suffering from Syphilis after all his carousing! It's not a stretch!

I don't think we're out of touch though, more like our country is so large that we have different needs.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Climate change is generally accepted by the scientific community, and the evidence is firm enough, I see no reason why anyone can deny it.

Interesting article, Dee. I think we probably will invent a way to combat climate change, but I don't know much about the topic. I'm not sure we have woken up now. Why are you optimistic out of curiosity? Is it what you see in your community that gives you hope?

I wanted to add that I really admire you Jae and Laura for the tough jobs that you have. Advocating and dealing with the kinds of issues you confront on a daily basis is an underappreciated role in society, and I hope you both recognize importance of the work you do.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Also, Dee is there any way you can get in touch with Reem over Skype and get her back. I have a feeling if we get a hold of either Abdul or Reem, they will be able to get a hold of the other one.

Maria will be joining us. She's just tied up this week.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:46 pm

You're very sweet James. TY. Speaking for myself I've always felt called to help others. I'm also an Empath. When one person is made to feel "less than" we all are effected as a whole. Like a banana, the bruise starts but it just spreads out until the whole is unrecognizable. We need to protect each other. Want for the other much more than we want for ourselves.

I see my formerly very divided community (along racial and financial lines) bridging gaps. Sadly the efforts ebb and flow and are usually "flowing" when there's another tragedy or gang incident.  The Detroit and Chicago gangs seem to love Muskegon.  It was very bad until 3 years ago. The communities in the heart of it had to get fed up and decide to make it stop. "Snitches get stitches" had to change to "NOT in my neighborhood!". It changed when people started taking pride in their areas again. Foot patrols were begun, the force was better funded and training went up a few notches.

We also got a State Police patrol unit (or two?) that are permanently lodged at the Muskegon Heights PD as well as MISP helicopter on the "hotter" nights or for a late night pursuit.

<so in the middle of trying to cut/paste/edit/etc I medicated. Enjoy laughing. If this is incoherent, blame the plant!> meh .. I'm posting.

Here is a memory issue. . . Was Reema actually named Rula, in Amman?  

I went on my iadiedee YT channel (haven't been there for years) and saw activity from both Abdul & Harvey (and DutchessMaria Wink  )  but it was from 2 years ago. I'm not too well versed on the newer YT but once I figure it out, I'll send them a message on YT and hope it reaches them.

As for Reema/Rula .. yes she's on my Skype.  
I also have a Shireen but think I met her elsewhere.
Like I said, memory issues. I'm 52 and Alzheimer's runs in my family. Nothing to worry about. If it IS that, nothing can be done and I'll get to the point where I don't really care. Even new meds don't offer much increase in cognition. Really not something I wish to discuss, please. Our lives end. I'm OK with that for myself.  (I've also just smoked a lil, so yeh, there's that too)
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:45 am

Hi Dee,

Reem was different that Rula, and Rula was not in our Forum during the multiple migrations our little group of empaths has made.

Maybe you could Skype message her and see if she wants to come back? Of course, at this point it may just be the 4 (5 once Maria joins), which is understandable given the years that have past.

I do have emails from the Yahoo forum that went directly to my inbox when someone posted, but the threads are not complete. However, it does give a general sense of what was going on prior to the closing and over the year or so we were in that group. It helps with my memory issues, too.

It is actually quite surreal to have messages recounting my spilling my guts that long ago. Brings back what I was thinking and feeling. What others were thinking and feeling. It is like a journal on steroids.

Have you ever watched Sense8? (it just got canceled by Netflix after its first season). It reminds me in some ways of our group. Eight people who have never met are connected telepathically to each other because they are all part of the same cluster of a different evolutionary strain of human. It is a beautiful show shot across Africa, the US, Europe.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:41 am

Sounds interesting. Will put that on my next binge watch list. Smile

I try various things to keep my mind hopping but sometimes it just will not do what I want and I go into a blurry period. I will try going through old emails. Sounds like I might find some gold in there. LOL Hold my tea ... this might take a while. Wink
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:21 am

Wow Laura, that was intense and far too much for my weekend brain to absorb, but I'll dive into it tomorrow after work so I can give it the fair attention it deserves.

Thanks James, at times I feel like I'm bailing water out of the Titanic with this job, especially in community health services, but it can be rewarding sometimes too, and those little moments are what keep me going. To answer your question, I wrote a blog not too long ago about the socialized mental health services we provide versus private insurance, and I feel like the quality of care we give supersedes insurance care by leaps and bounds. We provide a ridiculous amount of resources most people on their own health care can't get. The biggest concern is of course Trump's proposed budget cuts and the ACA Repeal. This won't directly affect our program because we work with children and they receive healthcare through the state level program of Medi-Cal, but cuts to the programs of ACA and medicaid on the federal level will significantly impact our older adult clients in other departments. I would like to think the state would continue to do its best to provide quality care and cover for Trump's missteps, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be.

Here's the blog: http:// decisionsreversed. blogspot. com/   You'll have to fix the spaces, it wouldn't let me post a complete link because I'm a new member still

Couldn't get into Sense8...guess that makes me a bad gay...

I sent a message to Harvey via YT. I have Rula and Rola Juma on Twitter, but Rula hasn't posted in a year and a half, and Rola hasn't posted in 7. I tried Rula this December and got no response, I can try again and see if she'll respond...I have an Abdul on there too who is actively posting but I am not sure if that's our Abdul or some random Abdul who is following me...

Jae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Haha, thought of accidentally getting some random 'Abdul' on here, who turns out to be a stalker cracks me up. I will read that blog post tonight, Jae.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Laura is that shooting in Orlando affecting you at all? I saw it on CNN this morning.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top