General Discussion and Updates

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by Dee S on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:28 pm

Sorry for the overwhelming size of the photos. I'm a bit rusty in posting them. I'll have more later. I'm currently trapped at the house due to (yet another) fubar with the car via Dwaine's lack of care.

Laura she's PRECIOUS!!! What a beauty and so happy. Smile
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Congrats, Dee! How amazing! It is so surreal to see the little people pop out.

The labor sounds hellacious. She will have a long recovery I am sure.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:25 pm

What a handsome little time. Congratulations, Dee. Have you held him yet?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:35 pm

I meant "little man."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:23 am

Yes I have. There are many pics on my FB page from me, Shane and April along with others. I'm on my phone right now so I'll upload more tomorrow (today?)
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:24 am

And thank you. He's definitely a blessing. I have plans to take Bianca out for dinner one day next week. Smile he's already healing wounds.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:27 am

They're discharging her later today. Ian has to go to DeVos Children's hospital for a mild heart issue though. April has been up and walking since yesterday (Thursday)
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:50 pm

How are they doing? Are they at the children's hospital? It is very overwhelming to have those hospitalizations and such right after birth, and a hard labor and delivery like she had.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 am

No extra hospital stay. They were released this morning and are getting some well deserved sleep and quiet bonding time. I really hope their friends respect the needed requirement.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:35 am

I'm still very much in awe of my daughter.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:12 pm

My little Ian just two days shy of 8 weeks in this video. April returns to work tomorrow. Sad If they didn't need both incomes I think she'd be happy being a stay at home mom.

I hope all are doing well and happy birthday James Smile Hope it was a wonderful one!
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Hello everyone. Dee that is adorable. I have been traveling for work and gone a lot.

How is everyone doing?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Doing OK here. Smile

Where are you traveling?

Laura, how are you and the girls doing?
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:21 pm

I've been in Europe actually-- Brussels, Belgium specifically. I've been assigned to an audit team for my company, and we travel to various companies to do internal audits.

How is the baby, Dee? Laura?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:30 pm

How exciting! I hope you get to see the sights too. It's an absolutely beautiful city with trains to take day trips to other great locations. A guy I used to know lives there. Were you able to bring the family with you?

Ian is doing well. April returned to work this week and they've already changed her from 8 hour shifts to 12. She's on 1st shift now and Shane is still on 3rd. They're hoping to avoid day care but their schedules overlap in the morning. She has a temporary solution but is looking for a more permanent one.

I haven't been able to go over to see him since I've been running a fever and stuffy head. Sad
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi all:

How are the babies? Jae, are you coming back?

Life has been hectic here--I have a really long story to share about my daughter's school that escalated into my what I think was my wife leaving -- "seperation." Been busy. My son stayed with me. My daughter lives with my wife a couple of hours away. We are on good terms. Not officially seperated, but I feel that's what happened.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Ian is wonderful. Clear health from DeVos hospital on his heart. There is one hole that's not fully resolved (there were two) but it'll solely keep him from deep diving. He's 3 months old tomorrow.

I'm so sorry to hear about the separation. You have ears here, if you need them.

I'm sitting in the Dr office right now. Will write once we're home again.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:05 pm

My daughter is 11. A boy, 12 years old, befriended her. Threatened to shoot her and himself (he has psychiatric problems). My daughter told me months later. We reported it to the school. The school took no action after temporarily suspending the boy back in August. He came back to school. It became gossip fodder. She was miserable. My wife was going psycho. I filed a restraining order. It was dropped by judge after text messages came out that suggested my daughter was also doing and saying things with him that went too far.

My wife decided she should go to school out of town where my sister is and moved with my daughter about an hour away.

That is the extreme abbreviated version.

I was hoping maybe Jae could give some insight into this because I am at a losss on what to do about the situation between my daughter and this boy.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:32 pm

That is a really tough situation. Have you talked to his parents?
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 am

James, I know that we have talked about this a lot recently. I think it is a tough call. I agree that your wife used it as pre-text to relocate. I don't know what the right call is. It seems to have split your family up in half, which is unfortunate. But I think the best advice I can give is to surrender control of what's going on. If she does not know what she wants and won't get help, then there is not a lot you can do.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Hey Dee, hope everything is well. How is your grandson? Things have been different and changed in a lot of ways. I guess change can be hard, and sometimes I feel like my life has been nothing but constant changing. I really don't want that for the girls.

Steven and I's divorce date is January 10th, 2019 and then we are done. I ran into my ex boyfriend, Eric, fairly randomly (who I dated from about 2004 until 2010). We've been tentatively dating. He has not met Zoe yet, and things are going very well. I did not realize how toxic things had become.

Steven is a pretty laid back person from a distance when not living with me and engaging in the autistic control issues etc. and verbal haranguing.

So far Eric is really great. But it is early days. I might add him to this group if everyone is okay with that?

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Add him! No issues here with that.

Agree with Laura on the advice.

Ian is fantastic!! He's such a happy and joy filled child. Even while teething he's pretty easy to distract back to smiles and giggles.

I've had a horrible cough for over a month now. On week three of Augmentin (one more to go) for the Cellulitis again. This time it seems to be working well. I only let three days lapse before I called in for a refill. Hopefully I'll finally get rid of this crap. It's in my calves and lower butt, so it was past time to do the multiple antibiotics. Went to see the skin doctor last week. Another issue has popped up (haha .. rash .. get it?) and am on more ointments for that ish. Seems to be helping.

Jacy is still here. Is often helpful but as long term living with people seems to bring out, there are irritations happening. :🤷: he's safe and warm and not making my bf having nightmares of him freezing to death livng rough. He IS contributing with food and helps out a lot around here.

Glad to hear you're dating Laura. you deserve happiness. I really hope you and Steven can continue to co-parent without arguments.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking eventually maybe this kid will screw up and get kicked out the school for something else and that will be the solution that proves how far Jada is willing to take it. I think she gets lonely and has an untreated mental health condition, complicated by the cancer forming post-partum with our second child and her own dysfunctional family she grew up with. All the undealt with stuff put in a blender leads to issues. My uncle, who lives next to me, is a semi-retired doctor, and he believes she has untreated bipolar and is unwilling to deal with it.

Dee, glad Jacy is out of the big house (he was sent away for a violating probation or something, right?).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Jacy got out in March. He's still not working and despite being offered the entire basement to live in he's still sleeping on the couch when he's here. It makes it awkward since our computers are in the living room and he'll crash at odd times throughout the day or night. There's a small chance he'll be incarcerated again for unpaid fines but his PO seems to be working with him despite his lackadaisical attitude.

I hope you can get Jada to see someone James but it might not be a good idea that it be your uncle. There's a trust issue with mental illness and even I would be fearful that the confidential nature of Dr/patient could be easily breached if she was treated by a family member. It could exacerbate the problem if she's in fight/flight mode. She also has to be willing to undergo evaluation and treatment. Perhaps suggesting marriage counselling and leave it up to a professional to guide where it goes from there? You both have scars that need tending.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next