Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:17 pm

But at least there is this one!

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:40 pm
We can move on.

"I apologize to both Dee and Jae again for my posts coming across in a harsh way. I think it is more that I am frustrated of not being able to get my points across. This is not a reflection on anybody but myself.

I don't want Jae to leave this forum. I also don't want any of you to feel 'threatened' or feel I am hijacking your safe space.

I see how James wants this to work and I appreciate his efforts to keep it going"

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Laura, I can't find the posts where you heavily advocate for Positive right's theory because they came before page 1 on this forum which now have been deleted?

It was you and Jae, according to James, that thought about playing a practical joke on me. However it was Jae who did display ignorance on the topic.

Tell me if I am wrong and where I can find them. Those posts about the Constitution and the legal discussion.

Cuz all those comments are not available to me and were logged before page 1.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:24 pm

I clicked on the arrow on page 1, where James ( or the admin I should say) is posting he will look into my post and this is what I got.

There are no older topics on this forum.

Your last visit was on Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 am

Current date/time is Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am
Information

There are no older topics in this forum

Home
   Free forum | ©️ phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 pm

so yes James, you have exclusive access to older posts or what?

Where are those posts?

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 pm

James "Yes, run away as you have done every single time in the past (I believe you left the Forum in 2011 because of something Abdul or Reem said about the Palestinian peace process), and prior to that, every time it reached a point where you were backed in a corner, it became everyone else's fault, and you would leave making a singular condescending comment implying that your own life was much harder than everyone else's and that everyone else had psychological or emotional problems, while you alone "were focused on the issues."

I don't run away James. I have no emotional stake in your political or personal opinions on me. Emotionally healthy people realize that it is a moot point when they get called 'cunt' solely because of using someone's own source ( Dee's article) in order to re-iterate their own position.

At some point , subjecting yourself to that level of childishness is just plain stupid!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Definition of strawman argument:

Using a strawman argument is relatively simple, and usually consists of the following three stages:

First, person A states their position.

Then, person B presents a distorted version of person A’s original position, while pretending that there’s no difference between the two versions.

Finally, person B attacks the distorted version of person A’s position, and acts as if this invalidates person A’s original argument.

Admin
Admin

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail http://forumforus.forumotion.com

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 1:36 pm

::Sigh::
The posts were archived. If you look two topics down you'll see them there.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Yes, the straw man argument was used by Laura this time James as I clearly reiterated my position on numerous occasions.

>>>>>>>>Post by DutchessMaria on Fri May 04, 2018 2:40 pm
As for me attacking, when I read the posts addressed to me, some greatly misconstrue my stances and points I am making.

As I said, I am not interested in the vaccination debate because I believe that the tool of Free Speech will let all sides speak and sort it out eventually as we see with the science continuously being geared towards vaccinations and with the question what else could be possibly wrong surrounding vaccinations if it is not for mercury/thermasol claims?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

DutchessMaria

View user profile Send private message

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Well thank you Dee for the direction.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 1:42 pm

You neglected to look at the forum properly. And NO ONE HERE did it. It was done automatically by the host site when the posts reached a certain number of pages. I'm glad you now understand that.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:46 pm

James "Again not getting why that statement is ignorant. You don't even have a background in science and think you can decide when something is dated"

Hmmm, I have a degree in Pharmacology from the Netherlands! I know for sure  I have mentioned it on numerous occasions throughout the past.

But I am happy you say this because this confirms my initial interpretation of your comment about bachelor degrees and facebookers.
Your glorification of the science world is your flaw. It takes away your objectivity about reality. As any 'scientist' KNOWS, scientific findings are subject to parameters, circumstances, known facts and can change with the slightest change in any of these factors.

Last edited by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Dee "You neglected to look at the forum properly. And NO ONE HERE did it. It was done automatically by the host site when the posts reached a certain number of pages. I'm glad you now understand that"

And this was my response "Well thank you Dee for the direction'

I did not call you 'cunt' like you would have responded!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 2:12 pm

My conclusion:

It was not me creating a straw man argument with vaccinations! My argument from the get go was about free speech and the participation of anybody in the public domain and the importance of free speech REGARDLESS of scientific background and how Free Speech is the only remedy for getting to the bottom of the autism/vaccination debate. NO comprehensive scientific study has been conducted or has answered the parents of these autistic children as of today. There are selective answers on fourteen selective studies. Yet we are dealing with an alarming rise in autism today and our starting point for research has to start somewhere. Why not with the children who's parents have been documenting the surrounding facts?

Laura changed it into me being anti vaccination. What am I missing?

James, your condescension towards anybody without a science degree somehow is ok when you do it?

Jae came out of the woodwork when she saw an opportunity to vent, solely because I was gladly for her to take my place back on this forum since I never advocated for her to leave. See my apology from months ago just a few posts up. That is how 'childish' I am!

Dee, I feel for your situation but I am from the opinion that you can't have your cake and eat it too. You don't want to participate in topics but are gladly striking out when you feel like it to suit your emotional state of being. I am not forcing you to participate and I am not criticizing you for posting more about your personal life but come on, take responsibility when I point out your article supports my stance. Why get upset?

Do I belong on this forum? Personally I don't think I do, or not a forum this small. My interests for this forum are solely to participate in exchanges about interesting topics but my life is hectic and I am not sure I want to spend this much time on stuff like this anymore. I have huge responsibilities and I like to keep my life organized, positive  and productive.Fighting the bureaucratic machine in the past 10 years has made me tough in that I really don't care what other people think about me as a person. I don't have the luxury to wallow in it. I am not a hateful person nor am I upset if someone holds a different opinion but I do like cracking down on political correctness as it will be destroying the West in the near future if that isn't already half accomplished.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Your comments are not removed. The forum automatically locked after we reached a certain volume and can be found on the home page (it's third topic down and has a little lock button). Everything can be accessed there.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Here is one thing that has made me really immune to outside opinion.

I dealt not too long ago with a guy who runs the YMCA swim program. This guy wanted to prevent from me having Katya in the pool and swim laps. He thought her capabilities did not qualify as swimming laps which really is bogus but that is secondary here.
It was his disgust for her level of capability that struck me. There are people that are disgusted with disabled people period. Or any one who is disadvantaged one way or another.

The best response is to fight back and not through being the victim but to beat the barriers that will inevitably be created by anybody who sees it fit to suit their own agenda. I cannot wallow in his disgust for my daughter. It has to leave me untouched or I cannot fight against it. It is the risk one has to take to full fill responsibility to the self! It is this concept I tried to explain to Jae who took it so personal as if I was victim blaming!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 31, 2018 3:13 pm

OK it's been too long.
Where is everyone?
How are you doing?

Our car is awaiting money for repairs. Tomorrow is payday. Muffler finally fell off and now we have a coolant leak. Yayyyy moneypit! Due to the car being down I had to reschedule my procedure to June 14th and have to reschedule my eye appt. The coolant leak could have been avoided if Dwaine got up and went out to check the fluids in time. Instead there is now a leak "somewhere" and he won't even try to find it. So he's kind of in the dog house with me. Hopefully tomorrow he can get a mechanic to weld the muffler on and find the leak and patch/fix it.

April just started her 3rd trimester and was yelling for maternity pants last night. None of her pants will even partially close. Being heavy to begin with gave her a few extra months without maternity clothes but now even that space has been exceeded. Baby Ian is doing well and gestating his little heart out.

I'm OK. I've been gardening to get away from my frustrations. Becca & Cam (Ella's great grand son and his wife) took Ella to Lowe's last weekend to get plants and sundry other things. We now have two tomato plants; 5 strawberry; 7 cucumber; 3 different types of bell pepper. Along with the flowers that I planted Smile OH! Where did I plant them? That's the best news - our ramp was rebuilt/added onto. We now have huge landings at the top and bottom of the ramps. As a special gift the guys built in two flower boxes so we can tend them without having to bend down or hurt ourselves.

I'm a little overwhelmed with the news cycles and who's getting fired for what infringement and the apologists that keep popping out of the woodwork comparing two situations that are completely different in origin and meaning (Kaepernick v Barr). I'm a lot more concerned about the chief liar at 1600 and what we're being distracted from with these issues.

So what's up in your lives?
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi Dee:

Sorry for my absenteeism. I have to admit after the last go around, I have been feeling disinclined to feed the decade old wounds festering and did not want to perpetuate it anymore.

Gardening is an awesome hobby. My hobby farming around our place and my uncle's place is basically gardening.

I am also overwhelmed with the news cycle. I cannot even find the energy to feel motivated about the political space, and I have never dealt with this level of burn out before. At the same time, I do see that we have made tremendous good strides in the last few years--the me too movement, the growing awareness of racial inequality in our society, recognition of gay rights.

Good things have happened but for some reason it is hard to see all that has improved.

Hope the grandson is doing well. It must be very exciting to be getting nearer the due date.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:06 pm

I think the best of all is the movement toward a truly equal society. Zero tolerance of racial, gender, orientation, disability and religion intolerance is coming. Perhaps my grandson will see it but I hope it's sooner.

I'm sad for the disenchantment but it got very hot in here and I can understand.

Gardening has given me a peace I didn't know I could find. Our first strawberries turned red. Smile that makes me happy.

Laura, I hope you're doing well. How are the little ones?
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:08 pm

You are the foundation of this forum, Dee. You stay committed Smile

It has gotten miserably hot here as usual. Now we just have to wait for the hurricanes.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:35 pm

TY for that. I love all of you but hate the negative way things go sometimes. I guess that happens in all groups. Family or friends, shit happens.

We're expecting mid 70s all week. I'm ecstatic! This weekend has a lot of events. It's a Pokémon event on Saturday, Taste of Muskegon event happens Friday and Saturday downtown and the Friday party in the park starts again. Lots of people come to these events. As much as I hate crowds, I look forward to this one. I just hope we can get there.

We blew the head gasket on the PT. It's a lot more than we can afford to repair but replacing the car is just as out of reach.

Foundation? As flattering as that is, I'm just always here.

I hope the heat dies down for you soon.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Hope everything is going well. Dee, how are you? How is your future grandson and daughter doing?

I followed the story about the children being separated from their parents and detained in El Paso. Truly makes me ashamed to be an American. Clearly when we talk about identity politics being overly focus, we are ignoring the xenophobia and racism running rampant.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:18 pm

We're still driving the car.

I had the pilar cyst removed. It hurts. It'll heal. I nearly cried when she cut my hair off. Sad It was only a little bit but I think she was tearing up too. Now my mother is horribly worried about me due to my grandmother's lead up to having non-hodgkin's lymphoma. She started with growths. Cysts. Mom went through it all with her as she declined. I assured her this is simply a benign cyst but she won't listen. Sad I hate worrying my mom. I begged her to not worry that it's not the same situation and I'll be fine. The problem is I have multiple cysts. I told her I had two others. They're dormant. They just exist.

Dr was a little put off when he went to get the last bits of the cyst it had rooted deeper than it should. So I'm waiting to find out on Thurs what he thinks it was. If it's something to worry about I'm not sure how I'll react. I know I don't want chemo or radiation, they kill quicker than the disease. My grandmother died from her heart giving out. She had had 5 major surgeries in less than a year and her body was just DONE. It wasn't the cancer but that's what is listed since the heart failure was due to treatment for cancer.

Ah well. Nothing I can do. Worrying won't change anything.

April & Shane decided to share a cold with their roommate (rather he shared it with them!). I didn't get to see them yesterday but they're also over the moon, they found a house that looks like they'll get to close on this or next week. It's about 2 minutes from where they live now just not so close to the lake. I'm so excited for them! Smile They bought a van to replace the alero they had. It was a POS when they bought it but it lasted through the winter and that's what they needed. Shane's work is transferring him back to the local shop FINALLY! Another YAYYYY item.

We went to the event yesterday. I had a blast. I got sooooooooo burnt! I thought we'd be fine under the canopy of trees. OOPS! ALLLLL the food vendors were in the hot sun. Sad I really don't know how they all survived that heat. It was great fun despite the burnt flesh.

I cry about those kids. I don't know what we can do other than storm the facilities and remove the children. Then what? Maybe some of these groups that are throwing money at this could open their homes to these children and return them to their parents if they're deported. Tearing them away from them in the first place is horrendous but then the system "places them" with people who don't want to be found. How the hell are the parents supposed to find them to reunite? Most don't. Criminal... absolutely criminal.

And now mr whiney drawers is saying we'll withdraw from the human rights council. Someone change his diaper and put him down for a long nap. Sheesh!
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Hope you get good news, Dee. Cancer is a terrible thing but every situation is unique. My wife has/had non Hodgkin lymphoma and beat it. The treatments are getting more advanced and most recent chemo treatment is excellent.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next