Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:17 pm

But at least there is this one!

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:40 pm
We can move on.

"I apologize to both Dee and Jae again for my posts coming across in a harsh way. I think it is more that I am frustrated of not being able to get my points across. This is not a reflection on anybody but myself.

I don't want Jae to leave this forum. I also don't want any of you to feel 'threatened' or feel I am hijacking your safe space.

I see how James wants this to work and I appreciate his efforts to keep it going"

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Laura, I can't find the posts where you heavily advocate for Positive right's theory because they came before page 1 on this forum which now have been deleted?

It was you and Jae, according to James, that thought about playing a practical joke on me. However it was Jae who did display ignorance on the topic.

Tell me if I am wrong and where I can find them. Those posts about the Constitution and the legal discussion.

Cuz all those comments are not available to me and were logged before page 1.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:24 pm

I clicked on the arrow on page 1, where James ( or the admin I should say) is posting he will look into my post and this is what I got.

There are no older topics on this forum.

Your last visit was on Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 am

Current date/time is Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am
Information

There are no older topics in this forum

Home
   Free forum | ©️ phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 pm

so yes James, you have exclusive access to older posts or what?

Where are those posts?

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 pm

James "Yes, run away as you have done every single time in the past (I believe you left the Forum in 2011 because of something Abdul or Reem said about the Palestinian peace process), and prior to that, every time it reached a point where you were backed in a corner, it became everyone else's fault, and you would leave making a singular condescending comment implying that your own life was much harder than everyone else's and that everyone else had psychological or emotional problems, while you alone "were focused on the issues."

I don't run away James. I have no emotional stake in your political or personal opinions on me. Emotionally healthy people realize that it is a moot point when they get called 'cunt' solely because of using someone's own source ( Dee's article) in order to re-iterate their own position.

At some point , subjecting yourself to that level of childishness is just plain stupid!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Definition of strawman argument:

Using a strawman argument is relatively simple, and usually consists of the following three stages:

First, person A states their position.

Then, person B presents a distorted version of person A’s original position, while pretending that there’s no difference between the two versions.

Finally, person B attacks the distorted version of person A’s position, and acts as if this invalidates person A’s original argument.

Admin
Admin

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail http://forumforus.forumotion.com

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 1:36 pm

::Sigh::
The posts were archived. If you look two topics down you'll see them there.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Yes, the straw man argument was used by Laura this time James as I clearly reiterated my position on numerous occasions.

>>>>>>>>Post by DutchessMaria on Fri May 04, 2018 2:40 pm
As for me attacking, when I read the posts addressed to me, some greatly misconstrue my stances and points I am making.

As I said, I am not interested in the vaccination debate because I believe that the tool of Free Speech will let all sides speak and sort it out eventually as we see with the science continuously being geared towards vaccinations and with the question what else could be possibly wrong surrounding vaccinations if it is not for mercury/thermasol claims?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

DutchessMaria

View user profile Send private message

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Well thank you Dee for the direction.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 1:42 pm

You neglected to look at the forum properly. And NO ONE HERE did it. It was done automatically by the host site when the posts reached a certain number of pages. I'm glad you now understand that.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:46 pm

James "Again not getting why that statement is ignorant. You don't even have a background in science and think you can decide when something is dated"

Hmmm, I have a degree in Pharmacology from the Netherlands! I know for sure  I have mentioned it on numerous occasions throughout the past.

But I am happy you say this because this confirms my initial interpretation of your comment about bachelor degrees and facebookers.
Your glorification of the science world is your flaw. It takes away your objectivity about reality. As any 'scientist' KNOWS, scientific findings are subject to parameters, circumstances, known facts and can change with the slightest change in any of these factors.

Last edited by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Dee "You neglected to look at the forum properly. And NO ONE HERE did it. It was done automatically by the host site when the posts reached a certain number of pages. I'm glad you now understand that"

And this was my response "Well thank you Dee for the direction'

I did not call you 'cunt' like you would have responded!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 2:12 pm

My conclusion:

It was not me creating a straw man argument with vaccinations! My argument from the get go was about free speech and the participation of anybody in the public domain and the importance of free speech REGARDLESS of scientific background and how Free Speech is the only remedy for getting to the bottom of the autism/vaccination debate. NO comprehensive scientific study has been conducted or has answered the parents of these autistic children as of today. There are selective answers on fourteen selective studies. Yet we are dealing with an alarming rise in autism today and our starting point for research has to start somewhere. Why not with the children who's parents have been documenting the surrounding facts?

Laura changed it into me being anti vaccination. What am I missing?

James, your condescension towards anybody without a science degree somehow is ok when you do it?

Jae came out of the woodwork when she saw an opportunity to vent, solely because I was gladly for her to take my place back on this forum since I never advocated for her to leave. See my apology from months ago just a few posts up. That is how 'childish' I am!

Dee, I feel for your situation but I am from the opinion that you can't have your cake and eat it too. You don't want to participate in topics but are gladly striking out when you feel like it to suit your emotional state of being. I am not forcing you to participate and I am not criticizing you for posting more about your personal life but come on, take responsibility when I point out your article supports my stance. Why get upset?

Do I belong on this forum? Personally I don't think I do, or not a forum this small. My interests for this forum are solely to participate in exchanges about interesting topics but my life is hectic and I am not sure I want to spend this much time on stuff like this anymore. I have huge responsibilities and I like to keep my life organized, positive  and productive.Fighting the bureaucratic machine in the past 10 years has made me tough in that I really don't care what other people think about me as a person. I don't have the luxury to wallow in it. I am not a hateful person nor am I upset if someone holds a different opinion but I do like cracking down on political correctness as it will be destroying the West in the near future if that isn't already half accomplished.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Your comments are not removed. The forum automatically locked after we reached a certain volume and can be found on the home page (it's third topic down and has a little lock button). Everything can be accessed there.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Here is one thing that has made me really immune to outside opinion.

I dealt not too long ago with a guy who runs the YMCA swim program. This guy wanted to prevent from me having Katya in the pool and swim laps. He thought her capabilities did not qualify as swimming laps which really is bogus but that is secondary here.
It was his disgust for her level of capability that struck me. There are people that are disgusted with disabled people period. Or any one who is disadvantaged one way or another.

The best response is to fight back and not through being the victim but to beat the barriers that will inevitably be created by anybody who sees it fit to suit their own agenda. I cannot wallow in his disgust for my daughter. It has to leave me untouched or I cannot fight against it. It is the risk one has to take to full fill responsibility to the self! It is this concept I tried to explain to Jae who took it so personal as if I was victim blaming!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu May 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum