General Discussion and Updates

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:48 am

and the thing is, what Laura perceives me dictating or having an absolute point of view or opinion...are NOT opinions. They are legal facts!
I am trying to explain how our legal system actually works! I did not create this system.

Think you know how the entire US legal system works and can explain it to everyone else, but I am the arrogant one.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:49 am

'If none of this is your viewpoint Maria, why don't you give us your opinion rather than the extensive research you hide behind and regurgitate? Maybe that would allow for more humanistic conversation"

Why do you get to decide what I post? I personally believe that being informed comes first and foremost! As you have proven, you are screaming to get rid of the US Constitution, which you constantly interchange with Govt as if they are mutually exclusive,obviously believe it is outdated, yet you have no clue about the basics and you dish it like it is some simple document when nothing could be further from the truth.

you want to talk Human Rights? Well I got news for you. They are also rooted in Natural Rights Law, just like the Constitution.
You can't have your cake and eat it too! You can't demand you want your rights to come from Govt and dish inalienable rights but when Govt and society decide you can't be gay, you suddenly blame the system. Either you have inalienable rights and you fight for them or you don't and surrender to the whim of your neighbor!

And more

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:50 am

"We already told you the whole getting rid of the US constitution thing was a joke to fuck with you. You just believed you were right and that we made that up because we were shamed by your intelligence, so whatever"

Thanks for admitting the childishness. James had been bugging me for months to come and post here but since we are at it, this was NO joke! You really ARE illiterate on the US Constitution and you have no idea what you are wishing for!

More

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:50 am

"The supreme court only voted in favor of gay marriage after nearly 45 states did the legwork of legalizing it themselves. They achieved no great feat and in the years of turmoil where advocates challenging the system succeeded in human rights, in the years that we went without equal rights and suffered discrimination, the government and supreme court stood by and did nothing. "Thanks for legalizing shit the majority of us already did!" That's not checks and balances, that's social revolution"

AGAIN, you don't understand how the legal system and the check and balance system WORKS!

UNLESS a case is brought in front of the Supreme Court, the Supreme Court CANNOT go out and seek cases. They HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL someone challenges the Constitutionality of a certain issue AND BRINGS IT IN FRONT OF THEIR COURT!!!!!!
AGAIN, your ignorance to the very process you are supposed to know and fight for, is stunning!!!!!!!!

And more

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:51 am

"The government should be regulated by the constitution; the constitution has holes and flaws that have allowed for such corruption in government. The founding fathers were without the foresight to predict the pitfalls that would come in centuries' time, thus perhaps the constitution was not genuinely timeless and needs adjustment"

Again, you keep conflating the Govt of We the People with the US Constitution which is a set of principles to guide the Govt and which Govt is to uphold and protect.

The US Constitution started out with a Bill of Rights ( the First Ten Amendments) and the Tenth Amendment clearly gives We the People the inalienable right to legislate and create laws to regulate our societies and create positive, negative rights etc.

The US Constitution also gives We the People the right through Article V of the US Constitution to Amend the Constitution and call for a Constitutional Convention of States, which has happened 33 times and which was successfully amended 27 times!
Every single time the Constitution was amended, it was amended to EXPAND rights, NOT to restrict them!

So when we talk about the system of checks and balances, IT WORKS! It is NOT the system itself that is flawed. It is the people that are to implement it! And since this Constitution has been the longest to survive TODAY, something is WORKING!

But again, it does demand you understand the basic workings of the Constitution and so far, I am stunned at your lack thereof!

More

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 am

"So in summation checks and balances only work if the people in the government utilize them properly, which historically they haven't, so a system at the mercy of human error is not a protected system. If checks and balances exist, but nothing forces people to utilize them or observe them, they are pointless"

And when the response is to dish the Constitution and not even grasping the basics, we have arrived at what exactly Jae?
Not only did you not grasp that Gay Marriage INDEED was remedied through the system of Checks and Balances (the Supreme Court) but you were under the impression your 'inalienable rights' come from Government as you said your rights 'were taken away' instead of violated. If your rights come from you, how is anybody to ever take them away other than violating them?

And this is the problem. The Constitutional illiteracy that is rampant in American culture today. If people only understood their rights, would they mobilize more effectively. But if people want to demand their rights come from Government instead , rather than claiming their inalienable rights, go ahead. As you pointed out yourself, humans continue to want to dictate what their neighbor does in the bedroom or with their body!

Straw man (Jae was arguing that force of law is always necessary to protect what is inalienable rights) and you distort it as something else and then attack it along with insults.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:55 am

"I never said you were against gun control, I said you were for the second amendment, which is just as foolish to me."

The real fool is the one who does not grasps the profound importance of the Bill of Rights and does not understand those rights do not come from Government but exist merely because you exist as a human being!

I don't need why we need the Supreme Court or constitutional law scholars when we have Maria to be the sole arbitrator and authority. I don't know what happened in your childhood that you became as extensively insecure and as much of a self-appointed expert as you are on everything.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:56 am

"You foolishly believe"

I think Jae, you are rude, incredibly rude! Intolerant of any other point of view yet you are naive. Mankind is at the top of the food chain for a reason.
Is this how you behave as a therapist?

Yet you call people ignorant and Jaw a fool. Might want to self-examine before calling others out.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 am

Actually, it was an attempt to downplay the lack of knowledge in my opinion James. Fact is Jae does not understand the workings of our legal and legislative systems. There is plentiful evidence of her posting  examples here. Instead of admitting she was wrong, which is the grown up thing to do,  she did not even bother to either research and/or admit she was wrong and reacted emotionally rather than with rationale and logic.
And in order to address any injustice, you must address the ignorance on the process first and foremost.
There are zillions of people throughout the political spectrum who don't even know or understand the principles of our system which is the PRIME CAUSE for injustice in this country!!!

Haha, ironic.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Jae, it was you accusing me I was victim blaming on the QR channel when I was not!

Jae, it was you here wanting to 'fuck' with me. You wanted your cake and eat it too! 'Fuck' with me but when exposed of having a deeply flawed interpretation of your rights, you could not find the courage and maturity to admit you were wrong. Why do you have such a hard time admitting you are wrong? Like any of us are perfect? Perfection is an illusion!

Jae, it was me apologizing if I had hurt you in the process. And the way you re-frame my words rather than directly quoting them is just more evidence of what you read that is not there but your mind is playing that trick so you change the interpretation of my posts with your own words instead.
You have a lot of soul searching to do but please portray your anger and frustration on those that have done you harm.

I do tolerate differences of opinion or I would not have left the Democratic party and become an Independent voter. I had at least the courage to find fault in my own party and my own views rather than being blinded with partisan ship. I had the courage to look critically at many issues that bring on mass confusion and realize that I have a lot to learn.

Of course, it is Jae that is ignorant and needs to apologize. Yet despite Jae, Laura, and I have having graduate degrees (in fact, Laura has three) and being working professionals in our respective fields, you encourage everyone else to acknowledge their human errors--note, that no one here has every thrown their education or training in your face and gracefully discussed the content only of your posts versus simply calling your person "ignorant" (i.e. your viewpoints have been called 'foolish' for example or ignorant but we have never called you your person those things).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 pm

"And the way you spoke to Jae and dismissed her personal experiences is not only wrong but very mean"

Really? After she posted a mocking reply to my post which was not at all directed at her personally?
Shall I pick apart that post and post all the her mocking ?

No Dee, you obviously also pick and choose what you want to hear and you didn't hear that I was INDEED for gun control and bashed the Right for claiming we cannot legislate guns! You went out of your way to lecture me on gun control when 1) I had already said I am FOR gun control and 2) after you mocked my post that you were not in the mood to address this issue but apparently you stayed up all night to reply here with answers that did not contradict what I said. Not on gun control OR the Supreme Courts PROPER ROLE in our Constitutional scheme!

I object to the emotional response to my post because people refuse to examine the factual process that is to guide us. It seems all of politics is driven by emotion rather than rationale and logic!

Yes, you are the supreme logical one. Definitely driven by logic as your (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and HYPER CAPITALIZATION shows

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:09 pm

( and how is me pointing out you got it backwards more condescending than you telling me you don't need a lecture?)

Does that one really need to be explained to you?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 pm

The concept of race originated from Government and has been used to keep people divided and conquered at every corner and prevents from logical and rational debate!

Everything evil originates from government in your mind. That's your world view apparently.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:13 pm

"The hypocrisy, the lack of comprehension, the tension and the moral and intellectual superiority is sickening to me'

Wasn't it you Jae that wanted to 'fuck' with me by 'burning the Constitution' which really was your position all along? I think this was an excuse to cover up the rampant ignorance towards the topic instead! Talk about hypocrisy!

Or is it your lack of comprehension was exposed after your mocking post that I was regurgitating positions on this issue about the Second Amendment? ( which James had asked me to respond to btw)

It amazes me that you still pretend we wanted to burn the constitution.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Again, I notice how people are not reading what I am saying.

I debunked a bunch of myths that go around on the Left side of the spectrum as to clarify the proper purpose and wording of the Second Amendment.
(regarding the word 'regulated' pertaining the well functioning of the Militia and firearms, who historical supplied the weapons for the Militia, , the Second Amendment applying to everybody including those in Govt, and that the real purpose of the Second is to fight off tyrannical govt and/or foreign invasion as well and that is serves again as a check and balance measure giving the power to the People as to just Govt) as to not fall into those traps of arguments! ( these can all be found at the UCLA Law Second Amendment Center.

I also clarified that the Tenth Amendment clearly gives We the People legislative power to control guns.

These are basic constitutional understandings that are not the subjects for scholars'.

And again strawman argument at work as you claim you destroyed a distorted view of what everyone was actually urging you to consider.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Dee, I am very sorry you feel that way but I went over your last grievances to show how you jumped to conclusions without having my words to back up your conclusions.

I could do the same with Jae's posts to show how she uses her vocabulary while claiming those are my words. She did it a couple of times here on this forum.
The words 'damaged goods' are her words. Her interpretations. They don't exist in my vocabulary. She also was the one who was all for it to 'fuck' with me ( again her vocabulary) and apparently you signed off on it too.
So no, I do not accept your statement that I am in the wrong here.

This all comes down to taking responsibility. According to you and Jae I am this cold hearted person who is always right. Yet I was the one apologizing if I had unintentionally hurt Jae's feelings in the past yet you haven't even apologized you jumped on the bandwagon 'to fuck with me'. I am not asking for an apology. I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy.

As close to an apology as you get is "if I unintentionally hurt your feelings."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 pm

"she's still trying to argue a point, can't make one comment without jamming some arguable point in there somewhere FML Laughing

This conversation didn't even happen on the QR channel, and for someone who just barely remembered this argument a few days ago, you find your memory of the incident to be pretty damn reliable...cool"

"Damaged goods" a typical American phrase I never use. Yes this happened on Ipeace and yes, I have a life with enormous responsibilities and don't have time to cling to internet grudges of the past.

I love how you always tie in your extremely important and busy schedule--always that implied vibe that you are busier than us (which since you don't work, I doubt is true).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:56 pm

"You dismiss the enormous amount of sources Laura cited as "dated." You are the ignorant one here, Maria."

Ah, more attacks.

Well, lets see. Laura's science was at least 8 years old.

The science I posted was from the past 8 years.

How does that make me ignorant?

Again not getting why that statement is ignorant. You don't even have a background in science and think you can decide when something is dated.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm

"In other words, we don't just sit and stew in the chaos of everyone having their opinion who has a FB page forever, especially with issues where there is provable and incredible evidence to the contrary. People have to learn the skills to evaluate critically (que the Lindsay Sheherd problem) and then learn how to evaluate truth claims. But you are coming off as saying their is legitimacy to the anti-vaccine movement in some way, shape, or form and that we still need to read through each of those FB comments and treat them like special little snowflakes of equally valid opinion pieces? That's actually the post-modernist effect you were earlier decrying"

I think I explained thoroughly why your line of thinking is anti free speech. Under the concept of free speech, everybody's opinion enters the public domain.
You fail to recognize that it is you who has a Post Modern stance here. Not me. I am for Free Speech, not matter how despicable or palatable, or how inaccurate the Speech is!

Strawman again. No one ever suggested taking action to silence anyone and it was repeated over and over.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 12:58 pm

"How can you criticize people for not being open minded when you attack people who disagree with you immediately? It's the pot calling the kettle black. When in reviewing these posts from last year have you actually acknowledged someone else here had a good point or had brought up an angle you had not considered? "

This is the definition of a straw man argument James and where did I criticize people for not being open minded?

You brought up GMO's and vaccinations. You have yet to comment on my sources. I didn't know the latest status of the vaccination debate at the beginning of this conversation but as I discovered , Laura had posted outdated info and the research from the past 8 years continued towards vaccinations, most likely fine tuning the research and mystery surrounding this issue. Last time I checked it was not me downplaying GMO/anti vaccine rs and downplaying other peoples opinions on facebook and the internet.

So Dr., explain how the research she posted was dated? What makes it dated? Explain how your article is not a predatory, open access journal? That would be meaningful engagement if you wanted to support your point. But you are unable to do that so you pivot and then ultimately blame your own inability to not engage on everyone else.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 1:00 pm

"You want to argue. That is not why I joined here"

That is fine with me. You joined to talk about your private life. I don't have a problem with that but pluheeze take personal responsibility for inserting yourself in my posts. As I said, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Not wanting to debate or argue but insert yourself with despicable insults when you are in the mood for that.

You might not be aware that your private life is all over the internet, Maria. You are the one who has escalated your personal life into almost everything with your fixation on the inadequacy of services provided to your daughter.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm

I find it funny that I am accused of arrogance and insulting people when the insults coming my way are plentiful while I have not insulted anybody here. I must have struck a nerve!

So reread your posts and think it over. Good luck with whatever your hectic housewife life brings.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Wed May 09, 2018 3:13 pm

James,

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:06 pm

I thought about what happened here and I am from the opinion that I am going against political correctness which is a huge trigger for emotional reactions, a huge taboo and which to many today is a form of personal attack.

My opinions about topics offend the people on this forum and they offend people because they themselves feel invalidated by my opinions.

The comments here are indeed logged and I will copy and paste a comment I made during the last episode of explosion on this forum.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Thu May 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Ok, so all my comments are gone from prior to December/January.

Interesting!

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum