General Discussion and Updates

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:28 pm

I don't know that I ever feel my doctor is that helpful for things that don't have an immediate fixable problem or pose a more serious issue (however, I don't go that much other than for headaches). I think mainly due to volume of patients and range of issue, as well as difficulty communicating from a lay person's perspective, the general practitioner is not effective. Hence rise of the little clinics in stores and online doctors for the easy stuff no one wants to waste their time with trying to get into the doctor for.

Tillerson is gone. Amazing how unstable this administration has been keeping their cabinet filled. It's an indictment to the administration if ever there was one.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:24 pm

McCabe is out too ... and in a most dishonorable way. Two days before he could retire with full pension is just a shitty thing to do to a person who gave their lives to public service. And did so with honor. I hope he sues and that his pension is kept intact. This last one is going to cause a backlash. Our government is in a horrible spin down the toilet and I'm scared for what will happen. I know we're strong, as a country, but is the divisiveness too much for us all to unite and come back from? I hope so. This idiot at 1600 has unleashed some horrid demons that used to be undercurrents in our nation. I have a number of Muslim sisters who've removed their hijab due to the veracity of negativity toward them from strangers.

I really hope that Tillerson and McCabe's notes lead to an indictment of some kind that will get this buffoon out of office.

Dwaine has now fallen victim to "the yuck". I'm still hacking and wheezing through the night when I should be asleep. Nothing eases it unless I sit up - and I can't sleep sitting up. Never could.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Hope you are feeling better. It seems to have been a bad flu season. I agree the McCabe thing was heavy handed and mean spirited.

I am wrapping up some big projects and should be free more soon.

Where Is everyone these days?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:20 am

We're all still sick. It's difficult to get over this when it's made worse by the cold weather. We're all still hacking. Been through two super sized bottles of cough syrup between the 3 of us. I'm only up this early because our dryer took a crap and I'm waiting on my first ever brand new dryer to be delivered. I've always had used. Charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrge it! ::sigh:: First world problems. Thanking God for what I have. I remember not even having heat in Morocco.

Have a great Saturday
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi Dee, I am sorry to hear that. Fun times. I hope you all get better before getting too high on cough syrup Shocked

It was a busy weekend here. I was traveling for work. Back in the rhythm this morning, and it's been a drag. I did not catch the Stormy Daniels interview, but heard enough about it. I am sure it won't make any difference in the level of support that he has, which is simply sad.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Maria, how is your court case going?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:39 pm

I got into a discussion on my sister's facebook with a 2nd amendment gung ho enthusiast who tried to blame Obama for the gun laws in chicago and it's growing violence. Not only did I point out to him that Obama was a US Senator, not State Senator but that Chicago violence has actually been dropping as well as, according to the experts, it was a lack of police training and overzealous "teams" that were since disbanded.... he didn't like that very much. Even though I provided statistics, the ad homs started flying. Ended argument with "I value LIVES more than I value guns." ... full stop.

I am feeling a little better today. Hoping it's a turn for the better and there are no further relapses. The weather is turning nice and I want to get out and enjoy it.

Where'd you travel to? I have no interest in 45's past, current nor future sex life. The man is a disgusting heap of chromosomes. He could fall of the planet and it wouldn't make much difference.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi Dee, I was in Cambridge Massachustes due to an audit issue with a client's account. I was only gone Thursday through today, but it was a nice break. Kids had found a new baby bird by the time I got back. We have actually been designated an animal rehabilitation 'center' now because of the deer--state basically wants to place these rescued wildlife animals wherever they can.

I agree that I don't need any visuals when it comes to Trump. How beautiful women manage to make love to him? $$$$$$ is only thing that probably keeps them from running from room in horror...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:12 pm

How exciting. Does that designation cause you more problems, taxes, fees or inspections? Do they pay you for caring for these animals? I know you do it out of love for the wildlife (and your kids) but it'd be nice if it had some benefits other than non-tangibles.

Did you get trapped in the Nor'easter? I really do not miss them. They're worse than the never ending Lake Effect Snow we get here.

Laura must be swamped with cases again.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:02 pm

So far it does not really do much of anything other than make it possible to legally take care of wildlife. It's fun for the kids, so I cannot complain. I don't know if the deer will ever be released back to the wild though since it does not really know how to survive.

I managed to avoid any flight delays, but it was a very quick in and out flight.

Yes, everyone has gotten very quiet. I blame the abysmal political situation as well--there's nothing really stimulating or engaging to discuss anymore. It's more of the same depressing shit over and over again.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 pm

I am curious as to everyone's opinion on the issue of police violence and shootings. For example, did anyone watch the Stephon Clark video? The officers appear basically militarized and are treating the civialins they police as combatants.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:28 am

This has been a growing problem with policing areas where POC reside or frequent. The militarization of our police force is terrifying. The same day Stephon Clark was murdered James Dillon https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/06/us/new-york-officers-sprayed-burned/index.html He was shot in both legs and is in critical but stable condition in a Queens hospital. Read the article/view the video. It's terrifying, and he didn't die.

I am a strong advocate for de-escalation of our militarized forces and the restoration of specifically trained units that respond for such calls. No police force needs A TANK and many of them have them!
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm

After watching Flint Town and the other related news on police shootings, one thing is clear, and that is the fact that the police/law enforcement are essentially viewing many of these basic traffic stops or "stop and question" routines as a situation where they are faced with imminent and deadly threats--so they are basically viewing the citizens as armed and dangerous from the git go and already wired at 100% to pull the trigger on a split second.

Clearly, the more negative news about the police, the more they rally together and the more they support each other and this Us. v. Them mentality takes over because they are viewing it all as an existential threat to their lives.

But if you observe, for example, the police officers'  visible agitation in Flint Town and discomfort at the Philando Castile live stream, they all clearly betrayed themselves by their body language and facial expressions. Yet verbally, they offered up a series of fairly weak justifications for why the officer should not be held at fault.

In other words, on some fundamental level they knew the officer was a shit officer, who was too neurotic psychologically for the job, and too scared to make effective decisions in his job, but they feel they have to justify it because of this fear that they operate under on a day to day basis.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:02 pm

KNOCK KNOCK
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi all,

I am still here. Nothing has changed with my bar complaint issue from ex employee. It's still pending on someone's desk somewhere. The sheer volume and intensity of the ex employee's filings etc. pretty much guaranteed it would get shelved somewhere until the bar has the time to review it in depth. But it sucks because I wanted to have it resolved before the baby came, which seems very unlikely now. At least while pending, I don't have to shill out money for my $400 an hour attorney, lol.

My husband, Steven, lost his dad a few weeks ago to a sudden heart attack, and that also has had us very tied up. It was a bad situation, as his dad was a chronic gambler, and left a lot of debt and the funeral expenses were quite high and a lot of bad blood and guilt for Steven to cope with.

Baby's doing well. 36 weeks today. However, she is in the transverse position and despite exercises, has not moved, so unless something changes in next few days, doctor is going to have to figure out options (i.e. c-section, external cephalic version-- a procedure I am unsure about being safe for baby). Going into labor can e very dangerous for the baby when in transverse position. It is where baby is in sideways position in the womb. Stuff like oxygen deprivation during a normal birth or cord relapse can occur, and obviously as well, the baby simply cannot come through the birth canal in that position.

I will feel much better when baby is here and healthy is long story short.

Other than that, work has been crazy. All the judges and attorneys I deal with are trying to fit everything in before the baby--so I have basically been slammed with trials, depos, and hearings and very burned out.

So that's my long winded status update. I have been quasi following politics on NPR, but that's about it. I just cannot handle the Trump rhetoric and even the stuff coming from the left has started to get discouraging. I agree on police force issues. I think it is not an easy problem and has been manipulated falsely by the "pro police" and "anti police" for lack of better terms. Undeniably racial bias plays into it in my opinion, and we have to grapple with that issue honestly as a society I think.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Happy to hear from you Laura. Sorry to hear the baby's being uncooperative. Hoping she turns and makes it easier on you.

That ex-employee needs to just go away. Far, far, far away. I hope it's all resolved fast. You don't need the stress of that hanging over you.

April's gender reveal party is Sunday. We have to figure out how to get Ella, me and our wheelchairs into the PT to get to the party across town. I have a feeling Chromie will be making two trips. I did finally get a manual wheelchair. It's huge and very heavy. Rated for 750 lbs and made out of heavy duty steel. It's mostly comfortable and glides easier than I thought it would with my fat ass in it. If the weather would cooperate, life would be better. Snow is melting, temp got almost up to my age then dropped again. The precip that's predicted in the next few days could be either rain or snow. I'm obviously praying it's rain.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:00 pm

I am sorry to hear about your father in law's passing. Losing a parent with a baby on the way is tough. I am sure your doctor will prevent anything from happening with the transverse situation. Medical technology has really improved the outcomes for labor and delivery. It's amazing these days.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 pm

Dee, sounds exciting on the gender reveal. How far along is your daughter? Either way you manage losgitics, you will have a lot of fun I am sure.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Hello all. James, sorry for having you wait so long. Dee, thank you for the "knock knock". I am dying to hear you guys out on quite a couple of political things , not very mainstream. And Laura, I am sorry to hear your situation is so stressful. I can relate but there must be light at the end of the tunnel. At least you can use an excuse and demand a day 'off'. Do it. As for Jae, not sure if she still posts but some of the topics I wanted to introduce involve clinical psychology.

As for myself, life is finally calming down after a hectic couple of years. We settled while in Federal court but more on that later. I had a rough day today but because of total trivial things.

I hope all is well and tell me when you guys are ready to discuss some concerning issues that basically surround the decline of the Western World as we know it. I have been listening to quite some individuals who all ended up in the same circle because of their concerns and Sam Harris ( James fav) is one of them, agreeing on the issues.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 pm

I guess my topics include Neo Marxism, Post Modernism predominantly in the US and Canada, Free Speech and the nature of mankind through the lens of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Friedrich Nietzsche, Fedor Dostoevsky etc. Twentieth century governments and mass killings, the survival of Europe with the rise of Islam etc. There is quite a circle of intellectuals who are running into each other discussing these topics and who are kind of outside of the current political spectrum's, here in the US and abroad.

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:09 am

Hi Maria, that is a huge pool of topics. What would you like to discuss first? How is post modernism and Dostoevsky tying into all of this?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:10 am

How are your girls and husband doing, Maria?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:59 am

What about post modernism would you like to discuss Maria? Currently it seems like we have entered the 'post truth' era as some news analysts have labeled it. Everything appears relative and is just a matter of perspective (i.e. alternative facts). This really bothers me.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Yes, the everything goes 'truth' is indeed what is being discussed in these exchanges. There was a heated debate between Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson, the Canadian clinical psychologist, about truth. However Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson both share an array of concerns. I believe the 'everything appears relative is a Jacque Derrida thing which Peterson highly objects to.

I guess I should start out with identifying my sources first.

Here are a series of people I have been listening to: Dave Rubin from the Rubin Report, Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray and his new book "The Strange Death of Europe". Biologist Brett Weinstein. A collection of Conservatives, Liberals and Libertarians that are greatly concerned with the erosion of free speech and the denial of science.

Jordan Peterson exposed the Canadian government pushing compelled speech and those that dare to object would be dragged in front of the Ontario Human Rights commission, all in the name of 'equality' for transgenders by forcing pronouns onto the population while claiming that gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation  etc is a social concept ( yes you read it right). A social concept! Sounds like righ twing Christian hogwash to me now PUSHED by the Canadian Govt! Like you can convert people!!! Now biology is being denied. Science is being denied!  Basically the Canadian govt is FORBIDDING anybody to claim there is a difference between the genders as well ( between men and women) while the science of Biology claims otherwise. This is a HUGE Free Speech issue and a dangerous one.

As a result, the Canadian Govt slammed this young woman who is actually a liberal, who showed a clip of clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson in her classroom wanting to drag her in front of the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal. Both Jordan Peterson and Lyndsey Sheppard have been vilified. ALL of this has to do with forbidding Free Speech, denying science and compelled speech by Govt.

(btw, here is where Natural Rights Law comes in and WHY it is so important to fight group identity politics and to  understand the value of Freedom of Speech which is an Individual Right. Sam Harris is on board here with this horrendous development).

I will have to post a couple of videos to get you started.

Last edited by DutchessMaria on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchessMaria on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Please don't comment until you have listened to some of these full talks to get the full picture

Btw, Jordan Peterson has been labelled a hater because he is against the 70 plus pronoun crap but again those that label him a hater, don't even understand the danger in what the Canadian govt has been doing and that the legislation pushed has the OPPOSITE effect and actually pushes conversion therapy as Peterson correctly explains. All this crap is passed in the name of identity politics and political correctness.

Jordan Peterson

"“The LGBT lobby is dead set against anything that smacks of conversion therapy, the idea that you could convert someone who has a primarily homosexual identity to someone who has a primarily heterosexual [identity],” he told Trussell. “It’s illegal in Ontario and in many [American] states now to even attempt that. But if there’s complete independence between the biology, the identity, the expression and the sexual preference, then there’s no reason to assume that it can’t be changed.”

Jordan Peterson, Full Harvard Talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqi0jHn_7-I

DutchessMaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next