General Discussion and Updates

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: General Discussion and Updates

Post by Dee S on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd everyone is quiet.

Hello o o o o o oo oo o (echo)
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm here. Talked to Jae-she said the fires are not near her. I talked to Laura as well--she is in middle of crazy move thing.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forumforus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

I was aware it was far from Jae, as it's also far from my cousin (in San Diego). People forget how huge California is and how far north LA actually is. I just saw a video of a man chasing a wild rabbit to save it from the flames. He risked his own skin for that little furbaby. He caught it, cradled it and took it away from the flames.

I just spent the past hour setting up the bluetooth on the headphones Chromie got me for my birthday. Had to re do it 3 times before it (seems to) took. He got me a Bluedio headset. I've been using a wired JVC set I bought a while ago. The wire came loose and only the one side worked. He got tired of all the swearing. LOL (Prince is blaring in my ears as I type)

2 1/4" of snow here overnight. And it's been snowing lightly all day. UGH! I won't be going anywhere for a bit.

So how are you doing James?
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 pm

I’m here, too. Been a bit crazy. Long story short, when we were moving out of our current house, I discovered a wet spot in Zoe’s room which apparently is a slab leak underneath the foundation. It makes the room unusuae to our tenant, which means we have to discount rent on a pro rata basis, and now it seems like home owners insurance could take a month to approve repairs.

I owe a bunch more in attorney fees because this disgruntled employee won’t let go and keeps filing shit against me with the Bar, and then filing extensions to reply to my briefs blah blah. As I was telling Dee, this one legal assistant was fired in 2015 and developed obsession with harassing me—she is one who stirred up Melissa last summer. Melissa fortunately dropped her complaint, leaving only the disgruntled employee hanging on.

Anyway long story short is that between buying the new house, legal fees, hurricane Irma, Melissa’s shenanigans, and the foundation leak, we have exhausted mot ofy cash liquidity for the firm, even though we are relocating one of the offices and need to pony up cash. It seems like the last six months have been very challenging on every front.

However, I’m not in track of major wildfire nor do I have much to complain about. So hopefully 2018 will be less challenging.

Dee have to admit that I miss the changing of the seasons and snow although I am sure it gets old living in it.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm

That sounds like a major headache, Laura. I have been having financial ups and downs last several years as well.

But hey at least the country and planet’s doing great, and we all have tax relief!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 pm

James, your sarcasm is showing. Wink

Laura, sounds like a lot of aggravation. I hope it all eases up quickly.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:55 pm

It actually snowed here today!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:27 am

It's been snowing here since yesterday. With Lake Michigan kicking in we've got some heavy and HUGE flakes falling. It's pretty.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:59 am

Weird weather. Btw on topic of adding more people, I have been doing the opposite and removing friends from Facebook. I finally reached the limit with some of my former military buddies posting overtly racist crap about Michele Obama or making completely ignorant statements nom stop. They are entitled to their own opinions but I don't need to read hateful stuff every time I scroll down my feed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Life is easier without keyboard warriors always trying to rile people up with negativity and bigotry. It's one reason I'm not totally heartbroken over the rift between my dad and I. He's an ignorant asshole. No one needs that in their lives. I'm glad to hear you've brought some peace to your online time. It baffles me how people remain so ignorant in this world. Is it laziness? Fear? inherent stupidity?

As for weather, we've got about 4-5" so far. With lake effect snows we usually get a few inches more than inland. The shoreline is just perfect for the clouds to keep forming over the lake and dousing us with more and more white stuff. I hate winter. Sad
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 am

It looks like the entire history log here got deleted? We are reduced to five pages.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 am

Shit. However at least good news on Doug Jones!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am

Could it be an automatic archiving feature Laura?

And YES! It appears AL is a bit more woke than we all thought. It was AL right?

I'm only awake to make sure Ella doesn't miss her bus again. Her pulse ox stays low in the mornings and she's been falling asleep while dressing. Stubborn fool won't keep her cannula on - although it's difficult to do while dressing, I guess.

My point, my brain ain't "woke" yet. Wink hehehee

Extreme weather here right now. At one point we were up to a 19" projected snowfall - we've had about 5", perhaps 6". It IS falling quite heavily now though and I think things will be shutting down early for weather conditions today. Currently 20F with a very fine "lake effect" falling.... yayyyy no telling when it'll end because the snow clouds keep forming in the lake and, being only 5 miles from it, we get doused.

Why do I live in a place where the weather HURTS me? ::sigh::

I'm very happy we heard from Maria! We were all very concerned. Jae assures me she's fine and actually a few hours away from the fires. My cousin Renae is a few hours south in San Diego, and my friend in LA isn't being badly affected although he is in the path and being cautious. A part of his neighborhood was hit in the last big one ... was it October?
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 am

Ella-ism of the morning (there may be more)

We have "issues" with showering so I have to "hawkeye" over her to make sure she does it. Today, she went in without towels. Fully clothed. Tried to trick me that she was showering by starting the tub. She came out to get her towels (she walks pretty well for this purpose, it's not far). Was in there for 10 mins, water running. Came out - naked - damp hair - with tight blue socks on. "How did you shower with socks on" "I put them on in there" "HOW!?" She can barely get socks on in her bedroom - and usually needs help. ::sigh:: Messaged her aid. She'll try to get her washed up at the center today.

The joys of dementia. Since she missed the bus last week I've decided to stay up until she leaves rather than her falling asleep and missing her bus again.

So how has your morning been so far?

Maria, are you guys ok out there? Has your risk lowered? ... thinking of and praying for you
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Laura figured out the truncated issue--when we reach 50 pages, the content is locked (no commenting allowed) and available for viewing. Therefore those who come back very late in the game would need to read there and then move to last 5 pages. Nothing we can do to change it.

I am sorry to hear about the weather, Dee. It was crazy that it snowed here. Wow, just wow on Ella...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:37 pm

It's good to figure things out. Smile

I'm sure it was nuts with snow there James. That is not normal, or so I'm told. Our weather is typically in extremes this week of the year. Either we have a late summer for a week or we have sub zero temps and overwhelming snow. It is the latter this year. Although the lowest it's gotten this week is 5F. Not below 0 yet but it is staying below freezing.

Ella's other responses are "I forgot" ... you were IN the bathroom to shower - how the HELL do you "forget"

"I thought I did" meaning she fell asleep on the toilet AGAIN and woke up thinking she'd showered or she just didn't want to and thinks she's smarter than me.

We argue over the weekends for her to shower - she has a skin condition that requires she shower every day - at the very least to wash that area well. After Pa died I had to threaten to keep her home from his memorial to get her to shower and she didn't shower for another year afterward. It got gross. Very gross.

I'm told this is very typical for Dementia patients but she also has a natural aversion to bathing. I have no clue why. She is a wonderful and sweet lady who'd offer the shirt off her back to a stranger if they needed it. But then she's also a dementia patient who's on her final warning about flashing her boobs in the common room and will be expelled from the PACE program that she's attending if it happens again. She "forgot" . . . .
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Dee, is there any way to get her a physical therapist or behavioralist who can help her? It is my understanding that you are fairly limited physically in what you can do, so how are you going to care for her?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:49 pm

What is everyone planning for the holidays? (Excluding poor Maria, who is battling a fire for her Christmas holiday).

Speaking of fires, I also think Trump may be getting ready to fire Mueller. What happens constitutionally at that point? If Republican Congress refuses to act, then have we essentially superseded the constitutionality of the rule of law and allowed a dictator to come to power?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 pm

We have an aid that comes in Tues/Thurs and she goes to Lifecircles (the PACE program) M/W/F. She's getting as much help as she can right now. I could ask for more hours but we cope OK. We all know that she'll need 24/7 care eventually but are trying really hard to put that off as long as possible. As long as she's happy at home, we want to keep her in her home. Everyone deserves to leave this world on their own terms.

Dwaine does a LOT for each of us. I'm pretty independent. I need help with a few things but usually just do without. I hate asking for help. At least Ella has someone who comes in and she can boss around a few hours every week. Wink I love her aid. She's a no-nonsense german/algerian woman named Saffiya who's active in the community here and knows my son via our favorite bar (and rep - my son has his fingers in a LOT of businesses).

Right now Dwaine has taken Ella out to finish her shopping for this crazy holiday. I had bought a bunch of christmas mugs for her to give to family but it wasn't "enough".

No holidays for me here. I grin through it and wait until the craziness is over.

I'm not thinking about our political situation right now. It's terrifying.
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:37 pm

I had a detailed post. But I was doing it on my phone and accidentally deleted it. I hate everything lol.

Abbreviated version:

Because my husband's family are practicing Jews, we do both Chanukah and Christmas which is easy to do as atheists because we can make up whatever we want, including the Chanukah malarkey.

Dee very sorry to hear about Ella. It is a shame her family does not do more. I don't know what else you can do. We don't understand Dementia very well. Hell, we cannot even figure out the causes of damn migraines.

Also burned out on politics. Both sides of the false binary disgust me but the Right shares a much larger part of the blame based on objective facts of recent history. Christianity disgusts me in America. There are not words (especially after deleting my previous post ) to describe how I loathed Roy Moore but I don't read too much into the victory of Doug Jones other than Clinton clearly was a lack luster candidate, and dems like the losers they are, stayed home instead of hitting the poles like they need to do.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 pm

I did think despite my misgivings about her as a person that Gillibrand injected a much needed shot of human decency and common sense into the discussion when she said Franken needed to resign.

Yes, I liked him. Yes, he was a ‘good’ representative but he also was not when the truth came out. Not groping women at functions when you are one of the elite few responsible for representing the American people.

Why, please tell me why, do we hold politicians to such low standards?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Hope everyone had a decent Christmas. It was good here. Quiet which is not had.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurav on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Belated Merry Christmas Dee, James, (and Maria and Jae if you even come on anymore). And Happy New Year!

I ended up pretty much working through holidays because of the financial expenses associated with our move and that whole bucket of woe I previously described (hopefully closing tomorrow). I am also going next week to see my grandpa overseas who is having health problems.

We had level 2 , 20 week ultra sound today. Looks like we have a healthy baby girl but we cannot be 100 percent sure because she was in a weird position.

laurav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Yay and congrats for a healthy, baby girl.  cheers I am sure Zoe will love having a sister, and they'll be super close.

Have you thought about names yet?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee S on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:20 am

It's not a holiday for me but I hope to see my daughter and SIL tomorrow. I haven't seen them for a few months. I'm fighting the SADD that winter brings. Nothing new. It'll pass. Happy to hear about the baby. As long as he or she is healthy Smile

How have you all been?
Dee S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next